The River Bure , Upstream Of Wroxham Bridge

Bob48

i was planning a visit in October to Coltishall , however when the good lady and i went in May we noticed that not far from Belaugh the reed beds seem to be doing rather a good job of invading the river , not only that but after all of the rain we are led to believe it's going to be nice and sunny ( ideal for growing reeds ) can anyone who has been up that far tell me what the Navigation is like through to Coltishall please cheers

Hi Bob,

Unless unusual high tides at the bridge, you will have a hassle free cruise, not to mention the picturesque side at Belaugh etc. One of my top three cruises on the Broads is Wroxham to Coltishall:wave Enjoy !

cheersIain

• Like 5

Hi Bob,

My girls love it above Wroxham. The water is crystal clear and if you go on tick-over, you can see the fish under the boat. The moorings at the green are good and the pubs/restaurants are plenty. I must agree with Iain that it is one of my favourite places on the Broads.

• Like 6

The river above Wroxham is being clear of weed over the next couple of weeks, plus the section above Coltishall was dredged a couple of winters ago, so it's clear all the way to Horstead mill. There is good bank side mooring near the lock and only a 10 min walk into the village.

• Like 5

HI all my first post for a while, in fact so long I had to re-register! We often take our little tender up there, we find the eal grass gets quite thick and wraps around the prop, Not a big problem just pop the engine in reverse for a few seconds every so often to clear the prop, its a lovely bit of river with a couple of nice pubs up there.

• Like 2

Welcome back Gretzky :wave I agree, one of the best cruises to be had in the whole of Broadland. Have tied to trees over night a few times along that stretch, up at sunset watching Kingfishers dive for their breakfast, absolutely stunning

Grace

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Welcome back Gretzky :wave I agree, one of the best cruises to be had in the whole of Broadland. Have tied to trees over night a few times along that stretch, up at sunset watching Kingfishers dive for their breakfast, absolutely stunning

Grace

Awe Grace, you poor lady, tied to a tree all night ! Still whatever takes your fancy ! :naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 5

From memory nearly up to the lock. But I chickened out when hit the bottom, plus, all the vegitation in the water. It has or is being cleared I read. Broad Ambition with Griff and I think Robin have a thread about being moored up there. Will go try and find it !

cheersIain

39 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Yep, right up to the lock, and a lovely spot it is too.

Must give it a try, hopefully my little tub will not ground, never realized you could go further than the pub..... Geographically speaking. cheers

18 hours ago, A.J.B. said:

The river above Wroxham is being clear of weed over the next couple of weeks, plus the section above Coltishall was dredged a couple of winters ago, so it's clear all the way to Horstead mill. There is good bank side mooring near the lock and only a 10 min walk into the village.

that is great news thank you  A.J.B. and thankyou everybody for the very useful information .cheers

On 15 June 2016 at 0:37 PM, Bob48 said:

i was planning a visit in October to Coltishall , however when the good lady and i went in May we noticed that not far from Belaugh the reed beds seem to be doing rather a good job of invading the river , not only that but after all of the rain we are led to believe it's going to be nice and sunny ( ideal for growing reeds ) can anyone who has been up that far tell me what the Navigation is like through to Coltishall please cheers

We were up there beginning of June and navigation was fine. Also noticed a ba reed cutter moored at Belaugh ready to go

• Like 2