Richardsons RC45 and RC35

Surely the master cabin is not for sitting in looking out of Jonny?! ;)

Add me to the dont bother with the monostrosity of a TV reciever thingy on it view... if they are to have them I think it is best to wait at least the first season before adding them, so as not to spoil the brochure pictures! :naughty:

Dan

yer 99.9% i will be driving i get cranky when i am not at the helm :naughty::naughty::naughty: but that was just my view of having large windows..

Jonny

its looking good, as for sat tv, with the increase in digital signal it may prove to be more practical and a lot less expensive in the long run to just hang on to see how freeveiw pans out after the switchover

hi clive thats looking great, are you still confident of getting here in the water for witsun? and on the subject of the bath tubs their great imho weve had many affordable trips on them long may they go on. just picked up on an earlier post of yours when you mentioned using bonded windows on broads man, is this a new thing on hire boats as i cant think of any others?

hi clive thats looking great, are you still confident of getting here in the water for witsun? and on the subject of the bath tubs their great imho weve had many affordable trips on them long may they go on. just picked up on an earlier post of yours when you mentioned using bonded windows on broads man, is this a new thing on hire boats as i cant think of any others?

Hi Andy,

Its the week after Witsun ;)

I am not aware of anyone elce using bonded windows, on inland cruisers, private versions of the boat will have the option, as with all the internal mouldings , we can use or not use them as we like..

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

It must be an optical illusion, but in that photo, the aft section looks remarkably shorter than in the artists impression. Are you sure you have`nt made the superstructure for the 36ft version by mistake Clive, or are you being just a little bit sneaky and surprising us with BOTH versions at the same time :naughty::naughty: ?. Regards ....................... Neil.

• 2 weeks later...
A nice sunny day for putting the lid on Clive, the shape looks really good now it has come together. :grin:

cant wait to see it cutting through the water i bet it will look lush

Jonny

cheers for all the good comments, We have not finished yet, there is a very tricky canopy to make and a boat to fit out in just 12 weeks, :o

As for getting it damaged I think it upsets the blokes who build them but you have to remember they are built for a purpose and you have to take the rough with the smooth.

As hireboats we spend more on building them to keep the maintence down and the finishes good but they all suffer wear and tear in some form or another wether it be a scuff on the quay headding or hitting a post on Breydon.

It must be nigh-on heartbreaking (well it would be to me!) to think that something as beautiful as that will no doubt come home bashed in the not too distant future............... :cry:cry:cry:cry

But I suppose that's one of the joys of a boatyard owner?

Now of course Clive will have built the hull to take the odd knock or two with a privateer without hopefully too much damage to Broadsman....

But I suppose that having the odd hire-boat thump you is one of the joys of a boat owner? :cry:cry:cry

:naughty: (duck! incoming!) :naughty:

I see the bow and stern thruster tubes are in place in the keel so Broadsman might be less likely to scrape other boats whilst berthing.

Line her up alongside the desired gap, and brrrr, she goes sideways and in.

(until somone tries a down-tide moooring at Reedham and can't work out why the thing is still going forward with the engine in neutral)

Now there is an idea:

I know Alphacraft are putting bow and stern thrusters on their new designs as well,

so with the manuoverability like that,

and their hire boats all being named after old types of aircraft,

how about a Harrier class!

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I think that looks very sleek indeed. Looking back at the earlier photo`s taken from ahead of the bow, the aft section cabin top definately looks considerably shorter than in the side view. All i can say is it must be an optical illusion, or Clives been holding out on us regarding the 36ft version :naughty::naughty::naughty: . Joking aside, i really hope i get to see her on the water in June. I think you and ALL the team deserve more than just a pat on the back for that Clive :clap:clap . Regards ................ Neil.

Hi Andy,

so far all the moulds have come out well,

the first boat is nearly booked, we have released number 2 for August which has not been on sale long so has a fair bit of availability.

:grin:cheersbar ***** BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT***** cheersbar:grin:

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
Hi Andy,

the first boat is nearly booked, we have released number 2 for August which has not been on sale long so has a fair bit of availability.

Now that`s what i call "confidence". Have you got the 2nd Hull finished yet, and have you sarted superstructure no2?.

Also, how many 45ft hulls will you be producing before you start modifying the plugs for the 36ft version?, and have you decided yet whether the 1st 36ft version will be the centre cockpit or sedan style?. Regards ................... Neil.

Hi Neil,

we have other bits and bobs to make but we should start to prepare hull and superstructure number 2 for moulding in the next couple of weeks

[

Also, how many 45ft hulls will you be producing before you start modifying the plugs for the 36ft version?, and have you decided yet whether the 1st 36ft version will be the centre cockpit or sedan style?. Regards ................... Neil.

We will have to see how they book, we are a little way off the 36foot hull, who knows, it could be a single level :naughty:

Hi Andy,

hi clive, i wont be booking broadsman this year but my two sons and there girls have :grin: so im going to have a day trip to the broads in july by the looks of it :naughty:

ps dont tell the wife :lol: got my eye on a slightly old boat for our sept trip. glad to hear things are going well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Clive, you`ve been very conspicuous by your absence lately?, can you give us any updates as to progress, plus some nice piccy`s of course ;);) . Regards ................ Neil.

Hi Neil,

there is lots going on, steen gear, steering, bulkheads tank bases, liners and rubbers going on, also a few finishing touches to a couple more plugs being made..

I will get some decent photos to put up soon.

cheers,