Hello From Sheffield

Hi all, 

its Dave from Sheffield, me and my dad share a Hampton Safari called Regal Safari, so if you see me on the broads I don't bite. 

The boat needs a boat safety certificate this year so I may need a little advise with this, or pointing in the right direct. 

I love Norfolk and have been on family holidays in Norfolk for as long as I can remember. We always used to stop at  Bureside Cavaran site.

Dave

• Like 2

• riyadhcrew changed the title to Hello From Sheffield

Welcome to the forum...from not a Dave!

Talking of Dave's...

What seems an age ago now Uncle Albert and I took my better half Ellie and our two youngest, who were quite small,boating for the first time. The kids were feeding the ducks and a coot.
"Ooh look at that one!" exclaimed my daughter Holly pointing to the coot.
I explained that it was coot and not a duck.
"What shall we call him?" Holly asked our youngest Matty.
I was expecting something 'cute' in the name department as the ducks had received names like Dotty, Daisy and Fifi.
'Dave' said Matty after some thought.

For years every coot the kids saw was of course 'Dave' no matter where in the country we were.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Welcome to the forum...from not a Dave!

Talking of Dave's...

What seems an age ago now Uncle Albert and I took my better half Ellie and our two youngest, who were quite small,boating for the first time. The kids were feeding the ducks and a coot.
"Ooh look at that one!" exclaimed my daughter Holly pointing to the coot.
I explained that it was coot and not a duck.
"What shall we call him?" Holly asked our youngest Matty.
I was expecting something 'cute' in the name department as the ducks had received names like Dotty, Daisy and Fifi.
'Dave' said Matty after some thought.

For years every coot the kids saw was of course 'Dave' no matter where in the country we were.

that's funny........my kids are starting to call me an old coot:facepalm:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RegalSafari said:

Hi all, 

its Dave from Sheffield, me and my dad share a Hampton Safari called Regal Safari, so if you see me on the broads I don't bite. 

The boat needs a boat safety certificate this year so I may need a little advise with this, or pointing in the right direct. 

I love Norfolk and have been on family holidays in Norfolk for as long as I can remember. We always used to stop at  Bureside Cavaran site.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Here is a link to the pages on the forum for marine surveyors:-

http://forum.norfolkbroadsnetwork.com/forum/196-marine-surveyors/

Here is a list of all BSS  inspectors

https://www.boatsafetyscheme.org/boat-examination/arranging-the-examination/find-an-examiner/?counties=Norfolk&search=

Regards

Alan 

• Like 1

Thank you for all the welcomes just a quick question. Do the baterries need covering, or storing in a box? they are strapped down but nothing else. Is there a list of all the issues inspectors look at to give me a heads up? 

Dave I've just moved back to Sheffield after spending the last 7 years in Bury St Edmunds. So everything is going well but I miss being so close to Norfolk. 

Hello welcome and yes. The batteries have to be both secure and covered,  this prevents the likelihood of dropping a spanner? Shorting out the terminals and making a bang. The easiest way is to put the batteries in a purpose built vented  plastic box. Alternatively if you are handy yo can make one out of 12 or 19mm ply dead easily. If it is fully enclosed just remember to vent it.

Hope this helps

cheers 

Trev