Pubs In Horning

Jocave

Hi quick question to all you regular pub visitors, we are starting from Horning this year but also have family staying in one of Ferry Marina's property's so the plan was to venture out for a few hours and then return to Horning for the evening to meet up with the family for a meal and a few drinks , just wondering which pub would you recommend? Would prefer a quieter more eating type of establishment if that makes sense ,also needs to be wheel chair friendly, never managed to moor at Horning on any of our visits in the past so unsure which is our best option , also are they all within walking/pushing distance from Ferry's yard. 

• Like 1

Hi Jocave

The Swan inn and The New Inn, I can highly recommend and know from personal experience they are wheelchair friendly. I would recommend you phone ahead though, we booked a table at the New Inn to ask about a wheelchair and they have a portable ramp which they will put in place for you. Also the menus and food are excellent in both pubs, don't get me started on the wine :wasted:lol

Have a smashing time

Grace

• Like 4

Agree with Grace, those would be the two to go for. The Swan has some raised areas inside but there are tables on the level particularly on the right as you enter the pub. Not sure when you are going but if its at a busy time a phone call ahead might be worthwhile.

Enjoy! cheersbar

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Hi Jocave

The Swan inn and The New Inn, I can highly recommend and know from personal experience they are wheelchair friendly. I would recommend you phone ahead though, we booked a table at the New Inn to ask about a wheelchair and they have a portable ramp which they will put in place for you. Also the menus and food are excellent in both pubs, don't get me started on the wine :wasted:lol

Have a smashing time

Grace

Thanks Grace good to know they have a ramp, wife should be OK to walk up a few steps but gets fatigued easily so maybe after our long journey and getting the boat sorted out she may be in her chair for the evening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorfolkNog said:

Agree with Grace, those would be the two to go for. The Swan has some raised areas inside but there are tables on the level particularly on the right as you enter the pub. Not sure when you are going but if its at a busy time a phone call ahead might be worthwhile.

Enjoy! cheersbar

Its going to be bank holiday Monday so think I'd better phone ahead and book a table.

• Like 2

Good point Liz, the gents in the Swan is on the higher level.

Given its a Bank holiday as well I think a phone call ahead would be a good idea.

Do the public loos in Horning have disabled access? Its not too far from the Swan just across the car park at the rear.

Just now, w-album said:

They don't have dedicated toilets for the wheelchair bound to my knowledge but they both have them on the level - hope this helps ( ladies definite not sure re Swan for gents if people pick up this in the search engine)

That will be fine ,she is not wheelchair bound so can walk a few steps if I can get her near the toilets in her chair , some places we have visited have toilets upstairs so tend to avoid these, Sadly I think this may be her last trip so hoping to make the most of it and visit all the places we missed the last time..

• Like 2

The Ferry doesn't Meet any of his requirements.

Trying to Push a Wheel chair down the acess road would be a disaster / road humps and pot holes.

I'd never call the Ferry, Quiet and on occations it's deafening even out on the water.

I'd go for the New Inn Especially if he can book ahead for a mooring there.

The Swan Second Choice,

• Like 2

I endorse all that has been said regarding the New Inn and Swan. As a Horning "regular" I would very strongly recommend making a booking at either pub sooner rather than later, particularly if you are visiting at a busy time i.e. from the early May bank holiday to the end of October.

cheers

Steve

• Like 4

Thanks for all the info, think we will avoid the Ferry then , the New Inn sounds OK , we are hoping to moor back at Ferry marina afternoon some time but I'll have a chat with the guys and girls there to see if this is possible if not I'll give the New inn a ring and see if we can book a mooring, it will be bank holiday Monday so not sure if this will be possible,  we are determined to spend at least on night there as its one place we have never been able to moor at in the past

• Like 2

On 27/04/2017 at 8:38 PM, Jocave said:

Hi quick question to all you regular pub visitors, we are starting from Horning this year but also have family staying in one of Ferry Marina's property's so the plan was to venture out for a few hours and then return to Horning for the evening to meet up with the family for a meal and a few drinks , just wondering which pub would you recommend? Would prefer a quieter more eating type of establishment if that makes sense ,also needs to be wheel chair friendly, never managed to moor at Horning on any of our visits in the past so unsure which is our best option , also are they all within walking/pushing distance from Ferry's yard. 

If you are going to eat in the New Inn, have you thought about booking a mooring at the pub, the family could walk down and meet you there or whatever.