Result!

addicted

I pointed out to a friend of mine that some years ago, schools could be divided into two catagories. The good ones (that taught Latin) and the "not so good" ones that didn't. Eventually the good ones stopped teaching Latin, just to restore the status quo. 

• Like 4

I loved my school. It was decidedly rough in parts, but gave me so many opportunities to stretch myself.  I've since found it was the largest comprehensive at the time (70s) but at least it gave me the opportunity to move from being streamed as CSE grade upwards ( bit of a late starter). I've also read somewhere  that it was one of the first comprehensive schools in the country, maybe why it didn't feel odd.

I don't think I would have gone to University if I'd been in a County that had grammar/secondary schools.

Just one person's experience...

13 minutes ago, grendel said:

apparently I can type and click my mouse while asleep, I can wake up and find my screen full of more garbage than normal.

I've done that at work, ruins hours of measurements went it happens.

2 primary and 3 secondary school s in  3 educational systems, northern Ireland, England and Scotland. Make for a confused education...

I pointed out to a friend of mine that some years ago, schools could be divided into two categories. The good ones (that taught Latin) and the "not so good" ones that didn't. Eventually the good ones stopped teaching Latin, just to restore the status quo. 

Excellent :default_beerchug:

Griff

• Like 1