Whoopsie!

JennyMorgan

16 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Seen by a friend in Holland! Soon to be seen in Norfolk? Jolly well should do:55c8f94984577_default_AnimatedGifDogs(127):.

No Shit Holland.jpg

Brilliant love it , to be honest its the irresponsible behaviour after the dogs had a poo I find irritating such as hanging poo bags off trees and a like :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

8 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Brilliant love it , to be honest its the irresponsible behaviour after the dogs had a poo I find irritating such as hanging poo bags off trees and a like :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

Agreed.  Saw a full poo bag yesterday just tucked behind one of the posts supporting the BA 24H mooring sign at St Benets.  Who exactly do they think is going to take that away for them?  And if they'd bothered to make the short walk to the Abbey tower they'd have found a poo bin.

Not just continental Europe, Swindon in Wiltshire. The idea of a Pissoir is to allow privacy without the need to build a full blown toilet block. Maybe an idea that could be looked at now so many toilet blocks have been closed and those that remain are closed in Winter. I still worry about dayboats with no facilities, canoes etc.5961ca3d2755d_pissoir10.thumb.jpg.6a6d1e783ee3bbd98ef89e6e2a905389.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Viking23 said:

So where are the hand wash basins ?

Some have hand washing on the other side and some have it built in "where you go" so to speak. However lack of hand washing was one of the big objections to the ones that were installed on trial in Chester. The main problem that I can see is they only cater for 50% of the populace. However their installation has reduced anti-social urination in many city centres at night.

1 hour ago, ChrisB said:

Not just continental Europe, Swindon in Wiltshire. The idea of a Pissoir is to allow privacy without the need to build a full blown toilet block. Maybe an idea that could be looked at now so many toilet blocks have been closed and those that remain are closed in Winter. I still worry about dayboats with no facilities, canoes etc.5961ca3d2755d_pissoir10.thumb.jpg.6a6d1e783ee3bbd98ef89e6e2a905389.jpg

God almighty whatever next,   I can smell it from here.

• Like 1

Just now, smellyloo said:

Maybe having gone to the trouble of bagging the poo they are tucking the bag away ready to be collected at the end of their walk?

Less of a problem, I guess in the winter months, it would make a nice little hand warmer.

I now feel sick thinking about that now lol...

24 minutes ago, Bobdog said:

Some of us don't pee on our fingers :default_biggrin: 

So do you use tweezers to handle your equipment, or maybe rubber gloves lol.

Fresh wee is quite sterile it was used to clean wounds during the war.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Not good if you're barefooted. One consolation, not as unpleasant as warm dog poo oozing out between your toes!

:3_grin: oh shudder at the thought of standing in some in bare feet .

Seriously there's a much more important side to binning doggie do do's properly , I know this isn't pleasant but some animals eat it notably cows , horse's etc if its in a field in a bag they will find it and it has caused animals to die through asphyxiation , after all its pretty pointless bagging it to throw it in a field .

If you're going to bag it, then leave the bag lying around, that's worse than just leaving it "as is"! Free range "doings" will quite rapidly biodegrade to soil. A plastic bag will be around for years. Disgusts me, the whole thing. What's the matter with people nowadays?

• Like 2

I'm a country boy at heart, and a dog owner. I sometimes despair at, how best to put it? the gormlessness of some folks. I was walking The Boys through the woodlands by my home. Several acres of trees of different species planted around 1715, over the top of some medieval marl pits and the remains of Sweyne Forkbeard's camp and a later Norman Castle. Due to the resulting archaeology, I can often be found in and out of the trees, inspecting rabbit holes for the odd bit of pottery and occasional coin. The number of plastic bags containing dog crap deposited in the trees is phenomenal. Come winter I wear an old waterproof, not for inclement weather, put to stop the contents of degraded plastic bags raining on my head while I'm in search of the archaeology. Dog crap is not the kind of find I appreciate.

The Forestry Commission handed out a bit of wisdom to dog owners. If your dog craps then flick it into the undergrowth. Do not put it in a bag, DO NOT THROW THE BAG INTO A TREE! I came across a damsel in distress the other day and would like to pass on a little more wisdom if I may. WEAR SUITABLE FOOTWEAR FOR THE LOCATION! 

Sauntering through the woods I came across a young lady barefoot, hopping on one leg the other smeared in dog crap. She'd been walking barefoot through the woodland nature reserve picking flowers, gone to pick some off the track and stood in dog crap. Her friend passed her a carrier bag she had in her pocket, the young lady wiped her foot, threw the bag in the bushes along with the flowers and carried on her way.

There's a reason I wear boots when walking in the countryside. Apart from dogs, there's cows, sheep, rabbit, fox, weasel and on the Broads, there's duck, goose, otter and all kinds of crap out there...including what the farmers spread on the fields... which is the reason my boots are referred to as **** kickers!

• Like 7

Going off track a little an old friend from schooldays lives on the moors. A few years ago the RSPB bought a track of what had been Grouse Moor and halted the heather burning. Naturally the Grouse went as they don't eat old heather but a consequence has also been an invasion of bracken that is now infested with ticks from sheep and deer. I won't comment further as I might write something regretable in anger.

• Like 3

On 09/07/2017 at 0:01 PM, Viking23 said:

So do you use tweezers to handle your equipment, or maybe rubber gloves lol.

Fresh wee is quite sterile it was used to clean wounds during the war.

My hands appear to be the 'normal' size.  I've no way of knowing about the rest of me - although I've had no complaints  :default_norty:

• Like 2