Dog Poo Bags

andy

2 hours ago, addicted said:

We live on a fairly new estate, which is criss crossed by footpaths. These were insisted on  during the planning stages by the fire brigade to facillitate access in case parked vehicles blocked the way. The police didn' want them as they can be used as rat runs and they are a real nuisance as all they seem to be used for is for people to allow their dogs to mess and wee. They are horrible to walk through as they smell terrible. There's one just opposite our house and recently while he was pressure washing our drive Tony gave the concrete bollards at the entrance to the footpath a good clean around their bases removing the deposit of goodness knows how many dogs cocked legs! Apart from smelling a lot more pleasant it also looked better. But we've yet to solve the problem of  neighbour's cats using my rockery as a toilet. It's really horrible.

Carole

For a start fouling the pathway's is a fineable offence , as for the fire brigade they will simply bump a car out of the way and if  needed in extreme circumstances move it with the fire engine simple as that their priority is protection of life not cars , I can quite understand the police not wanting potential escape routes but they were allowed via planning , surely its a case of vigilance in behalf of the home owners to ensure those that do break the law and dog fouling is not lawful in most urban areas , but home owners need to report it and get proactive .

Yes I am a dog owner and I pick up if its required in a wood it goes off the pathways intact team dog won't poo on a path he doesn't like it he prefers grass n leaves etc but  its removed if its going to cause anyone else issues , as for certain chemical's being used be careful they can be harmful to animals and regardless of anything its the owners fault not the animals with the exception of dogs weeing that nature all animals do it to mark their spot and cats wee is far worse than dogs trust me I really do know that one .

Blame the owners not the animals anything else is unfair .

20 minutes ago, andy said:

Would that stop irresponsibly dog owner's ? .i don't think so .

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

It might restrict numbers. These is a chap walks past with five of them on leads. They are a pack jumping around I cant possibly see how he can clean up after them on his own. 

19 minutes ago, andy said:

Would that stop irresponsibly dog owner's ? .i don't think so .

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Short answer is no , thing is what would happen if someone didn't abide by the licence ? The short answer is the dog suffers , dogs arnt cheap to either purchase or feed and especially insurance and vets fees , a responsible owner knows this ands acts on a responsible way others do not , a dog licence on less it was serious expensive would deture no one , all it would be is a tax on responsible owners as others simply wouldn't bother exactly as with tolls on boats .  

1 minute ago, ChrisB said:

It might restrict numbers. These is a chap walks past with five of them on leads. They are a pack jumping around I cant possibly see how he can clean up after them on his own. 

Sorry but how do you know they all belong to him ?? , he may well be a volunteer dog walker , however the RSPCA or dogs trust wouldn't allow that to be happening in the first place but that doesn't mean he owns them .

4 hours ago, addicted said:

We live on a fairly new estate, which is criss crossed by footpaths. These were insisted on  during the planning stages by the fire brigade to facillitate access in case parked vehicles blocked the way. The police didn' want them as they can be used as rat runs and they are a real nuisance as all they seem to be used for is for people to allow their dogs to mess and wee. They are horrible to walk through as they smell terrible. There's one just opposite our house and recently while he was pressure washing our drive Tony gave the concrete bollards at the entrance to the footpath a good clean around their bases removing the deposit of goodness knows how many dogs cocked legs! Apart from smelling a lot more pleasant it also looked better. But we've yet to solve the problem of  neighbour's cats using my rockery as a toilet. It's really horrible.

Carole

Go to Morrisons at the end of the day when they are selling the cooked chicken off cheap then go home and in the dark leave shreds of it dotted about on a road in the vicinity of where the cat lives.  You might need to do this more than once but with a bit of patience your cat defecating problem should sort itself out!!

I joke, I do like cats but I detest the mess they leave behind.  In some cases it may be because they have no litter tray at home, having a tray atleast encourages them to do it in privacy.  The cats I had growing up always seemed to use their trays.  

Ive mentioned this before but a relative of mine before he moved house came out every morning to cat poo on the roof of his car with the paw prints so it definately was the cat that had left it there!  A lady across the road had 2 or 3 of them with no litter trays, it used to infuriate my relative. 

Very irresponsible in my opinion having cats but not wanting to have to buy litter or deal with the tray. 

my 4 indoor cats have 3 large litter trays, we get through at least 3 bags of litter a week, I would be the first to admit that there are odd occasions when I could need more. but like you say, they are my responsibility, so I clear up after them, the biggest problem is disposing of the used litter, at the moment it all goes into the landfill waste as nobody at the council can give me an alternative.

• Like 1

If you think dog  poo is a problem your mind, wishing to please you, will trick you into thinking their are mountains of poo everywhere. If you stop fretting about it I think you will see that, on the whole, the problem is somewhat overstated.

Whilst stepping in poo, be it dog, cat goose, cow, deer etc etc, is very unpleasant I think most of us, who look where they are going, will admit it is a very rare occurence.

I think it rather sad that society seems to be becoming ever more intollerant of others wishing for ever more control over our everyday lives. The growing number of social media "moaners" feeds the frenzied appertite for an evergrowing list of things to complain about.

• Like 6

Excellent post smelly. The rise of the armchair warrior is currently unchecked although recent proposals and changes to legislation make "trolling" as abusive as face to face shouting of abuse. To me that's clearly a step too far. I better go hide now before the thought police come to take me away.  

I find these Poo bag holders indispencible when out on the walk. They hold the offending bags securely to either take home or empty in the nearest hedge (sorry bin).

I even hang them from the dogs harness so he can carry his own doings.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dicky-Bag-Waste-Large-Midnight/dp/B012AMUBSQ/ref=pd_sim_199_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CVZ1PD7B6J5CXAP9DZ0A

• Haha 1