Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

6 hours ago, Wyndham said:

As a novice :default_dunce:  I have nothing at all to add to this thread but just wanted to say how interesting it all is and enjoying reading the updates. :91_thumbsup:

Yep, he's doing what he wants and living the dream, you can only admire him, not many have the chance.

fair play Robin, enjoy every minute of your trip

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snowy said:

A while back there was talk of “London Rascal” or “Independence” I don’t think Robin has confirmed anything yet

Found it I thought I'd made a comment on this somewhere -

" When you put your systems on can you pick Rascal (R6scal) as the boatscallsign I've been looking at name option on marine traffic, we can watch the journey North when it happens."

I don't know if the callsigns are made up to give type of boat, load it carries etc.

• Like 1

Yep, thoroughly enjoying this thread, and have nothing to suggest other than small infrared heaters, cheap as chips and toasty warm, for the trip to save draining energy off. We have one on Brilliant and I have one in my office, aka. Roald Dahl Memorial Shed, they are really effective.

21 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Robin has reported on his own FB page with a video of the sea trials, all went OK apart from trashing the inside of the boat through the size of the swell.

Now he knows why all the ornament's were stuck down I guess , everything needs fixing if your going into any form of swell , has been quite windy down there today so the seas gonna be a bit choppy .