Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

18 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Yep all true , weight and fouling lose quite a bit if performance but if you haven't got a yardstick to compare current performance to then your totally blind other than the obviously visual check underneath or without that vibration problem's showing via the boat itself , and let's not forget these little monsters especially love water intakes , I once found a tiny jelly fish In my weed filter at Yarmouth :default_blink:

One would assume that when the boat was sea trialed from new that the engines would achieve their rated speed of 2,800 RPM if all is well they should still do so today. The 2,800 RPM would be the yardstick.

image.png.783f8666bdb8e5521c1b3403dcaa3260.png 

14 minutes ago, Philosophical said:

One would assume that when the boat was sea trialed from new that the engines would achieve their rated speed of 2,800 RPM if all is well they should still do so today. The 2,800 RPM would be the yardstick.

image.png.783f8666bdb8e5521c1b3403dcaa3260.png 

Well yes one would hope so but no one know the data of the original trial on less its amongst the boats paper work , if it isn't then its a blind stab in the dark as to if the boat is under preforming or not , then again the boat may have had a prop change and different prop's put on ( I lost 500rpm but the change from 10inch to 11inch pitch in my narrow boat ) blade profile also make s big difference , one  would expect all this to be in the file onboard and this is why paper work for the boat is important really , it gives you a fixed point from which to work from , without that its impossible .

4 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

All here at Sutton Marina by 1400

Team Indy, ready to commence   

Griff

Awe you see iv been so busy today to say the usual " are we there yet " :15_yum:

I’ve just had a thought, Robin may already have had the same idea, when you cross Breydon does anyone have a drone that could take some footage of Indy under full steam ?

I’m sure Robin would like to see Indy from a different prospective and would be good edited into the blog

12 minutes ago, grendel said:

We already have a plan in place to get pictures as Indy rounds up along the Kent coast en route, we should be able to get pictures from a few Locations between Dungeness and Ramsgate

Yes I’ve seen you had posted that, I guessed you meant still pictures but I could be wrong, just wondered if any of the trip was going to be filmed via a third party ?

7 minutes ago, Jocave said:

Is anyone checking the tender and crane are operational and ready to go, could be useful to know its ok to use just in case its required??

Or more importantly the life raft which has yet to get a mention ! Regarding the tender I doubt its moved for yrs who knows if the crane actually works or the engine in the tender does , all important stuff in my book  and well done for mentioning it Jocave it had crossed my mind,  but as mere mortal I thought better of mentioning it having been out in my place regarding this coastal hop more than once :15_yum: 

8 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Keep up Ricardo :default_biggrin:

Robin mentioned renewing the life raft in a previous post.

I suspect Independence and all equipment will be checked within an inch of her life before even sea trials are undertaken.

Oh im sorry I must pay more attention to the thread that's becoming more about people that the boat in question , though I doubt that the rib has moved at all an hence as I said its an unknown even if it were called apon , not everyone hangs in certain members words others have things to do . no doubt the drill tomorrow morning will include the emergency device's ie life raft etc . 

The life raft and tender amongst all the other gear including anchor, nav lights, radar, radio, gps, plotter, ropes, fended, engines, generator and a host of other items tooooo long to mention here are all on my jobs list to do. Life raft I will take tomorrow for service, we will check it’s launching system. The rib will be launched and operated, in fact everything we can check will be checked  during sea trials on Saturday 

Griff

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

The life raft and tender amongst all the other gear including anchor, nav lights, radar, radio, gps, plotter, ropes, fended, engines, generator and a host of other items tooooo long to mention here are all on my jobs list to do. Life raft I will take tomorrow for service, we will check it’s launching system. The rib will be launched and operated, in fact everything we can check will be checked  during sea trials on Saturday 

Griff

Your to do list what's everyone else doing :default_rofl: