Hev Yew Hard The Noos?

Vaughan

Oi 'er just now sin it on the telly. Yew know that there Princess Keeart, wot 'ud gorn an' meard harself impregnable agin - well that seem she 'er now had the beearbee, up the orspittle in Lundun. He's a praarper little chap, so they tell us.

Oi hope she int goonter want no more on 'em, dew else she'll need another one o' them palaces ter keep 'em all in.

Still thass loik oi sed ter old wussenairme, oi say, thass our footure, int it? Gawd bless him, he say!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Nicely written in the flavour of The Boy John and Harberts letters from the 50's. For those not in the know these were articles in the EDP every week written in Norfolk dialect. My Father used to read them out to us every week in his broad accent . They were usually a funny story and very good

Oh by the way Congrats to K&W

I was thinking that it’s rather a shame that the first boy was called George. It would have been nice for the new-born to be named George as it is St George’s day today. Still, well done W & K, an heir and two spares - job done! (Sorry, it would take me far to long to put that lot in Norfolk dialect, even if I knew how.)

• Like 1

That wor a roit ol' do wot they had on the telly yessterdy, wunt it? They had a whully grit load o' them press people all standing about in the rood outside an there were one o them there "royal watchin" wimmin wettin har knickers askin the crowd orl about it. Fat lot they knew, an' orl.

You know thass funny but noobodda ever seem ter come down hair and want ter know wot oi think on it, dew the now?

Still, that little ol' boi, he woont want fer naarthin, will he? Oi bet he niver hatta goo owt on a frorsty morning an top sugar beet fer his wairges, nor yit he woont, an thassafac.

All them sorta people, they jus' doont noo wassa cummin term, thass wot oi say.

• Haha 2

I can't speak the Norfolk speak so I'll say this in proper English:default_biggrin:

I watched on the news as Prince William brought his other two little one's to visit their new baby brother, they are just so cute, George seemed a little apprehensive and shy in front of the worlds press (and who can blame him) Charlotte however was waving to the cameras and even turned as she walked up the steps to wave and smile again, a proper little diva in the making I reckon. A lovely little family

Congratulations Will and Kate

Grace

• Like 5