Broads Bug

Donnyboy

After deciding to maybe return to the broads next year. We found ourselves going down there a fortnight ago, now after getting in from work tonight I found myself booking a hotel for the pair of us next weekend. Is the bug returning? Is it wise to seek professional help now before it is too late

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In the main it's a very good but not cheap  bug.I first had two holidays on the broads as a child,first forward to 2002 or 3.Alan hosted us for the day on a boat.From there we stared to Hire,in the end week at Easter 2 weeks in the summer day hire etc.Then buying ourfirst boat in 2009.We now intend to move to Norfolk in a few years time.What would be good is a house with a moorings. As we know  the broads act as a magnet and others have said there's no cure.Just take often and enjoy the bug.:default_biggrin:

God yes. Terminal oh yes. Broads bug bites deeeep into the soul and comes out your bum and infects yer brain and then yer done for i tell ye he he. 

Severe cases buy woodies  only saved by deep pockets, forgiving partners and either skill in woodwork or friendly boatyard. 

Worse than the plague it is much worse . 

Capn loopps 

is it bad that I was looking at the Marthams workshop on streetview and noticed they had 3 identical 20 ft wooden boats sitting in their yard 3 of their Jaunty 20's, and then I notice one of the Fibreglass ones is called Grendel. when we go up to work on Tims boat I am  going to need cast iron resolve not  to buy one to do up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, grendel said:

is it bad that I was looking at the Marthams workshop on streetview and noticed they had 3 identical 20 ft wooden boats sitting in their yard 3 of their Jaunty 20's, and then I notice one of the Fibreglass ones is called Grendel. when we go up to work on Tims boat I am  going to need cast iron resolve not  to buy one to do up.

Don't look !

Thats what I did, heartache and joy.

I am quite good at planking on the upside.