Good News In Beccles

Arrived at beccles at lunch time  n brilliant the sunken boat on the general use BA moorings has gone ( either that or I'm on top if it :default_biggrin:) , so well done BA as its was in a difficult location to lift .

Either way its good as the moorings are pretty restricted for general usage being split into 3 categories these days .

Beautiful morning in Beccles. We were there earlier. Saw some of the triathlon runners. Had coffee by the quay, really friendly young man serving in there today and the lemon cake was delicious. Watched a few boats coming and going. 

E18009C0-6E4E-4EDC-925C-AE710119A69A.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

Arrived at beccles at lunch time  n brilliant the sunken boat on the general use BA moorings has gone ( either that or I'm on top if it :default_biggrin:) , so well done BA as its was in a difficult location to lift .

Either way its good as the moorings are pretty restricted for general usage being split into 3 categories these days .

Thank goodness that eyesore has been removed.  Well done BA.

44 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Was this the Lotto boat? Saw it being pumped out last month. 

P1050579.JPG

P1050543.JPG

Looks like it's going down again from the stern

There is another (small) vessel sunk at the downstream end of the Somerleyton moorings. It wasn’t interfering too much with the moorings but I noticed yesterday that a fair amount of the moorings are now taped off. That, of course, could be in preparation for it being lifted. 

8 hours ago, Philosophical said:

Looks like it's going down again from the stern

Can't say for definite as its been a while since I've seen it afloat but I thing this craft ( if that's the right word) has a stern drive rather than a shaft , that might well have been the problem to cause it to sink .

1 minute ago, vanessan said:

There is another (small) vessel sunk at the downstream end of the Somerleyton moorings. It wasn’t interfering too much with the moorings but I noticed yesterday that a fair amount of the moorings are now taped off. That, of course, could be in preparation for it being lifted. 

That's a little yacht if I remember it was floating but I think someone moved it to get in n it was in the shallows then n went over I'll have a look later when I walk team dog :default_biggrin:

3 hours ago, Bound2Please said:

At the end of the day a tatty boat is some ones pride and joy, and also possibly a home. So lets respect the feelings of the owner of said boat.

A thoughtful post... Let's hope, whoever the owner was, they've found somewhere else that they can call home... :default_sad:

7 hours ago, 40something said:

There would have been pressure to get it shifted before the upcoming charter weekend

That shouldn't have any bearing on the matter really its a BA mooring that was unable to be used and that's the only thing that should have had an influence on the situation .