Jump to content
  • Announcements

    Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

    You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

    Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

  • calender payment

    Calendar Paymene

    Delivery Options
    Your NBN Forum Username:

  • If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

    Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  
Chelsea14Ian

The View From Work This Morning

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

Being retired I am looking out the conservatory window as I have a bit of a tidy up!

Was a mizzley horrid morning earlier in North Norfolk but lovely now, think I will have a walk over the fields.

 

20181115_113316.thumb.jpg.8f6929ece78d77396a43e8baafa50e96.jpg

 

 

Now that's a view to have. Enjoy your walk, looks lovely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

Being retired I am looking out the conservatory window as I have a bit of a tidy up!

Was a mizzley horrid morning earlier in North Norfolk but lovely now, think I will have a walk over the fields.

 

20181115_113316.thumb.jpg.8f6929ece78d77396a43e8baafa50e96.jpg

 

 

What an amazing view, we are having a lovely day so far in the office, not :default_icon_cry: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

My gorgeous Grace used to be like that until I showed her the new things she could do :default_biggrin:

I just don't like using my phone for the internet as the view is rubbish, I have however just downloaded the NBN app so that might make it a bit easier :1350_muscle_tone1:

28 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Yep, don't be going letting your hair down this Friday, go and lose the forum quiz again :default_smiley-angelic002:

I always lose lol if I do get a point it will be because I blagged it some how hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

Now that's a view to have. Enjoy your walk, looks lovely

 

57 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:
1 hour ago, hazelgirl said:

What an amazing view, we are having a lovely day so far in the office, not :default_icon_cry: 

 

Yes, I am very lucky with my position. Had the house nearly 12 years now and quite a few other buyers were in the running so I offered the asking price. Also I had exchanged contracts so it was ours.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The view this morning was ok. Got better this afternoon though. 

IMG_1467.thumb.JPG.15f1b4a271a0572faf8539649b3a636c.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was my (limited)  view today,

I am that bear :default_biggrin:

5 hours collecting at London stations,

The generosity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Over £20,000 raised by Kent Round Tables in 2 stations today.

Other Tables were collecting throughout the country.

Nationally the total should exceed £150,000.

The fortitude of the parents and the incredible bravery of the children helped by Children in need is humbling.

The second photo is checking the forum :default_smiley-angelic002:

IMG-20181116-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20181116-WA0012.jpg

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think you were looking at the forum,think you were checking the price of honey!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to everyone collecting or donating to  children in need.Sadly this year I did not see anyone collecting for children in need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Well done to everyone collecting or donating to  children in need.Sadly this year I did not see anyone collecting for children in need. 

Part of the problem is getting permits to collect from councils.  We have to jump through a lot of hoops to collect from stations but it sorted out enmass.

The other reason is many stores and organizations collect in house. More people give via the website and using text donations,  this actually increases the amount donated,  £5, £10 or more as opposed to change from their pocket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst I truly do admire folks efforts in raising such a spectacular amount of money it never escapes me that this country has 134 billionaires and 715,000 millionaires and we are the fifth richest country in the world. It is absolutely wrong that anyone in need should be denied basic care services, equipment, support or even protection when we can also bale out the commanding heights of the economy, the big banks!

The money raised on occasions like this should be used to provide the extra treats, holidays and experiences that these kids never have a hope of having, not basic care and protection!

Sorry for the rant and well done to all these fund raisers!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Part of the problem is getting permits to collect from councils.  We have to jump through a lot of hoops to collect from stations but it sorted out enmass.

The other reason is many stores and organizations collect in house. More people give via the website and using text donations,  this actually increases the amount donated,  £5, £10 or more as opposed to change from their pocket.

I did my donations via text.Each year I help to rattle the tins for the RNLI and the poppy appeal. With the poppy appeal,we collect at Sainsbury's, it's a partnership,also at ASDA and Morrisons.With the RNLI.The Woolwich  ferry(hope to continue)when the new ferry comes into service in the year new.We also collect in Bexleyheath town centre and outside supermarkets.I agree it's not easy getting permits.Also a problem at times getting people to help out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, VetChugger said:

Whilst I truly do admire folks efforts in raising such a spectacular amount of money it never escapes me that this country has 134 billionaires and 715,000 millionaires and we are the fifth richest country in the world. It is absolutely wrong that anyone in need should be denied basic care services, equipment, support or even protection when we can also bale out the commanding heights of the economy, the big banks!

The money raised on occasions like this should be used to provide the extra treats, holidays and experiences that these kids never have a hope of having, not basic care and protection!

Sorry for the rant and well done to all these fund raisers!

I take your point,more help should be available to those in need.Its is I my opinion helpful to collect funds for the collection box.Those that give feel as if they are helping,and those that collect have a since of achievement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VetChugger said:

it never escapes me that this country has 134 billionaires and 715,000 millionaires

"Numbers and money" figures can (sometimes intentionally) be misleading, What is a "millionaire" someone who's total assets are worth 1,000,000 or more? Well if that's the case I'm surprised it's only 715,000. there are many houses worth that sort of money. It's disposable capital that these charities are after, which is an entirely different matter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not quite the view from work.Today I was working at Pearsons in the Strand. This being the view along the way.My photo's.Simpsons in the Strand.Worked there many years ago when I was at college. The coal hole.Had at few pints there ,when I worked at the Savoy.

20181122_062322.jpg

20181122_062331.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awww how lovely, my view is same old same old, grumpy boss in the accounts office :default_2gunsfiring_v1::default_blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

We don't have any gynaecologists  as members do we?

That's just put me off my liver and bacon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

We don't have any gynaecologists  as members do we?

I am a retired gynecologist,  but I like to .....better stop there or I will be modded :default_smiley-angelic002:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank crunchy it's Friday is all I have to say and I finish at 1pm whoop whoop, bring on the weekend :default_beerchug: :default_drinks::default_drink_2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDShot_540x540.jpg.6b4d7fe3d428fc920ed3f41268f5e2b2.jpg

Working half days for your handsome, master of massage boss HG. It's not a bad job counting pennies really is it :default_smiley-angelic002:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

IDShot_540x540.jpg.6b4d7fe3d428fc920ed3f41268f5e2b2.jpg

Working half days for your handsome, master of massage boss HG. It's not a bad job counting pennies really is it :default_smiley-angelic002:

Oh Mr J Fire you have it so terribly wrong, I have to deal with huge quantities of wonga in many currencies let me tell you and when you are 1p out on your ledgers :default_badday:dealing with "HIM" is just an added unfortunate situation, he's old I'm hoping he'll retire soon, at least he's not in Mon,Tue or Wed :1311_thumbsup_tone2::99_muscle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

Oh Mr J Fire you have it so terribly wrong, I have to deal with huge quantities of wonga in many currencies let me tell you and when you are 1p out on your ledgers :default_badday:

20181123_102247.jpg.3ccd9409a4ef6f7e5863c4e9e8469f98.jpg

You enjoy your quarter of a day at work

220px-Harry_Enfield_-_Loadsamoney_cover_art.jpg.558d297b0e2aab5a60b6237bdff055bb.jpg

Don't mess up your counting. 23. You wouldn't want 72 to get your 86 sums 55 all 39 wrong by 22 being distracted 97.  Your 69 handsome boss 61 might give you 19 one of 27 his famous 09 massages to 54 punish 33 you

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quarter of a day?????? I has here at half past 7 y'know humph.

And that must have taken you some time to think about and type out, I applaud you sir hahahaha :default_icon_clap:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • NBN Mobile App

    Want to use NBN when you're out and about?

    Get our mobile app for Android and iOS!

    Get it on Google Play

×

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.