• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  
Chelsea14Ian

The View From Work This Morning

got it in one, was taking off this morning was working near the runway

I used to be a spotter at Manchester Airport and used to regularly see the Guppy which was the Beluga's predecessor. I now live not too far from Hawarden and see it pretty rugularly when out and about... Its a strange critter 😯... BTW nice photo 👍

Some pics of where I am from yesterday until next Friday. Working in the lodge ,which is a bit like a B&B,then in the cafe.Not to busy,next week looking after a group of 25.It is cold beyond belief. Yet yesterday in the cafe it was hot.The centre  has very large windows so it's like a greenhouse.Still it's better then being damp and wet .Have a great weekend every one.We are going to check the boat tommrow  then a spot of lunch somewhere. 

20190215_075709.jpg

20190215_075622.jpg

You are so lucky, I'm still staring at the same 4 walls and grumpy faces, only one saving grace today is that it's a Friday :default_drinks:

I at least saw a lovely red orb rise from the horizon as I arrived at work this morning, its cold out, but the weather is glorious, I wish I was out there.

Yeah I have to say it sure is beautiful out there today, spring is definitely trying to wake up :320_sun_with_face:  

That of course is the new Beluga XL - bigger I think than the original Guppies in their existing fleet? Certainly the first of the new breed!

not a great view this morning, as I can barely see the building next door

IMG_20190222_073329_resized_20190222_073435250.jpg

• Thanks 1

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 21:12, Chelsea14Ian said:

Sadly for the time being my last day at Drummonds, Next week a bit of a mixture. Monday to Wedsnesday next week I am at Crystal palace National sports centre. Been working there for many years.Back in 2012,I was th of a time that cooked for the Brazilian Olympic team.We worked with Brazilian chefs.Together we looked after the team for a month.Hard but interesting. 

One last pic from this morning.

20181214_072811.jpg

Only just seen this but in November I had a meeting with this view, virtually neighbours !!

IMG_1834 (2).jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have it so beautiful this morning with just a bit of hazy could, needs to stay like this till at least 1pm for my 4 mile walk home :default_ohmy: my trusty (or not) old banger is in for her MOT today :default_icon_bowdown:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking out of my "office" window, we seem to have a bit of a sea fret going on. Nevertheless, I can see the snowdrops, tete a tete daffodils, helibores , cyclamen and pulmonaria in full bloom and loads of flowering bulbs pushing through with potential for flowers to come.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, diesel falcon said:

not work but shopping......................

AF1QipOdp6dDd642IZMgET5oAAcj4TlnwWNt92pTO7KA=s512-p-qv=pg31lvg9gpl965pb2ihi3v1vvjvug4qf6,m=996b2198285dc5397e6daf7f150a37e7,x=,t=25-iv332?key=SnlUazhrZHlwOXlldEN1X1VaZVFka3dESXBIU0ZB

Yeh that sums you up :default_icon_wave: