The View From Work This Morning

Chelsea14Ian

7 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

Being retired I am looking out the conservatory window as I have a bit of a tidy up!

Was a mizzley horrid morning earlier in North Norfolk but lovely now, think I will have a walk over the fields.

20181115_113316.thumb.jpg.8f6929ece78d77396a43e8baafa50e96.jpg

Now that's a view to have. Enjoy your walk, looks lovely

30 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

Being retired I am looking out the conservatory window as I have a bit of a tidy up!

Was a mizzley horrid morning earlier in North Norfolk but lovely now, think I will have a walk over the fields.

20181115_113316.thumb.jpg.8f6929ece78d77396a43e8baafa50e96.jpg

What an amazing view, we are having a lovely day so far in the office, not :default_icon_cry: 

28 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

My gorgeous Grace used to be like that until I showed her the new things she could do :default_biggrin:

I just don't like using my phone for the internet as the view is rubbish, I have however just downloaded the NBN app so that might make it a bit easier :1350_muscle_tone1:

28 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Yep, don't be going letting your hair down this Friday, go and lose the forum quiz again :default_smiley-angelic002:

I always lose lol if I do get a point it will be because I blagged it some how hahaha

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

Now that's a view to have. Enjoy your walk, looks lovely

57 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:
1 hour ago, hazelgirl said:

What an amazing view, we are having a lovely day so far in the office, not :default_icon_cry: 

Yes, I am very lucky with my position. Had the house nearly 12 years now and quite a few other buyers were in the running so I offered the asking price. Also I had exchanged contracts so it was ours.

• Like 1

This was my (limited)  view today,

I am that bear :default_biggrin:

5 hours collecting at London stations,

The generosity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Over £20,000 raised by Kent Round Tables in 2 stations today.

Other Tables were collecting throughout the country.

Nationally the total should exceed £150,000.

The fortitude of the parents and the incredible bravery of the children helped by Children in need is humbling.

The second photo is checking the forum :default_smiley-angelic002:

IMG-20181116-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20181116-WA0012.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Well done to everyone collecting or donating to  children in need.Sadly this year I did not see anyone collecting for children in need. 

Part of the problem is getting permits to collect from councils.  We have to jump through a lot of hoops to collect from stations but it sorted out enmass.

The other reason is many stores and organizations collect in house. More people give via the website and using text donations,  this actually increases the amount donated,  £5, £10 or more as opposed to change from their pocket.

Whilst I truly do admire folks efforts in raising such a spectacular amount of money it never escapes me that this country has 134 billionaires and 715,000 millionaires and we are the fifth richest country in the world. It is absolutely wrong that anyone in need should be denied basic care services, equipment, support or even protection when we can also bale out the commanding heights of the economy, the big banks!

The money raised on occasions like this should be used to provide the extra treats, holidays and experiences that these kids never have a hope of having, not basic care and protection!

Sorry for the rant and well done to all these fund raisers!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Part of the problem is getting permits to collect from councils.  We have to jump through a lot of hoops to collect from stations but it sorted out enmass.

The other reason is many stores and organizations collect in house. More people give via the website and using text donations,  this actually increases the amount donated,  £5, £10 or more as opposed to change from their pocket.

I did my donations via text.Each year I help to rattle the tins for the RNLI and the poppy appeal. With the poppy appeal,we collect at Sainsbury's, it's a partnership,also at ASDA and Morrisons.With the RNLI.The Woolwich  ferry(hope to continue)when the new ferry comes into service in the year new.We also collect in Bexleyheath town centre and outside supermarkets.I agree it's not easy getting permits.Also a problem at times getting people to help out.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VetChugger said:

Whilst I truly do admire folks efforts in raising such a spectacular amount of money it never escapes me that this country has 134 billionaires and 715,000 millionaires and we are the fifth richest country in the world. It is absolutely wrong that anyone in need should be denied basic care services, equipment, support or even protection when we can also bale out the commanding heights of the economy, the big banks!

The money raised on occasions like this should be used to provide the extra treats, holidays and experiences that these kids never have a hope of having, not basic care and protection!

Sorry for the rant and well done to all these fund raisers!

I take your point,more help should be available to those in need.Its is I my opinion helpful to collect funds for the collection box.Those that give feel as if they are helping,and those that collect have a since of achievement.

1 hour ago, VetChugger said:

it never escapes me that this country has 134 billionaires and 715,000 millionaires

"Numbers and money" figures can (sometimes intentionally) be misleading, What is a "millionaire" someone who's total assets are worth 1,000,000 or more? Well if that's the case I'm surprised it's only 715,000. there are many houses worth that sort of money. It's disposable capital that these charities are after, which is an entirely different matter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

IDShot_540x540.jpg.6b4d7fe3d428fc920ed3f41268f5e2b2.jpg

Working half days for your handsome, master of massage boss HG. It's not a bad job counting pennies really is it :default_smiley-angelic002:

Oh Mr J Fire you have it so terribly wrong, I have to deal with huge quantities of wonga in many currencies let me tell you and when you are 1p out on your ledgers :default_badday:dealing with "HIM" is just an added unfortunate situation, he's old I'm hoping he'll retire soon, at least he's not in Mon,Tue or Wed :1311_thumbsup_tone2::99_muscle:

8 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

Oh Mr J Fire you have it so terribly wrong, I have to deal with huge quantities of wonga in many currencies let me tell you and when you are 1p out on your ledgers :default_badday:

20181123_102247.jpg.3ccd9409a4ef6f7e5863c4e9e8469f98.jpg

You enjoy your quarter of a day at work

220px-Harry_Enfield_-_Loadsamoney_cover_art.jpg.558d297b0e2aab5a60b6237bdff055bb.jpg

Don't mess up your counting. 23. You wouldn't want 72 to get your 86 sums 55 all 39 wrong by 22 being distracted 97.  Your 69 handsome boss 61 might give you 19 one of 27 his famous 09 massages to 54 punish 33 you