Wintertime Cooking

Cal

15 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Pesronally, i don`t think you can beat the iconic "Vesta Curry". I`ve lost count of the amount of them we`ve eaten over the years.

Must be an age thing but I had to google that. Never heard of it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cal said:

Must be an age thing but I had to google that. Never heard of it!

Me either, and now I've googled it I wished I hadn't :default_biggrin:

And what the hell is a pork ****** :default_ohmy:

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

Whatever they are they certainly don't look as good as the ultimate in fine dining. The mighty Pot Noodle :28_hugging:

2012_1_5_625_005.thumb.jpg.b7c9adbbd7c2fc4bd1d926824fd0ec2e.jpg

Yummy

I remember when i had my yacht moored at Upnor on the Medway. Whenever we went for a sail, we usually took Pot Noodles, along with ham and cheese sandwiches. They were always nice when dipped in Pot Noodle.

22 minutes ago, Cal said:

Our new boat fridge arrives today. Opted for the Waeco CRX50. So hopefully we can get back to doing some proper boat cooking this weekend. :default_pirate:

The fridge is for the Stella :default_eusa_naughty:

Ahhhhh , the Vesta Curry brings back memories of using the single gas ring in the boot room at boarding school, feeling like you were preparing a cordon bleu banquet , the smell would last for days and cling to everyone’s clothing in the vicinity , the resulting “meal?” would have a taste and consistency  resembling semolina flavoured with undercooked out of date curry powder but we felt like a king , much better than the minions who only managed a mere Tomato soup or baked beans (sans toast)

7727DEAD-B915-4B65-A165-D5EB35B32882.jpeg

• Like 2

Hmmm, Best drink of the day eh, hmmm.

My routine (when not on the boat) is... Early morning tea, mid morning coffee, lunchtime beer, afternoon tea, evening beer late evening nightcap. Beers and nightcaps are not every day.

When on the boat, Early morning tea, mid morning "boat" coffee (Coffee with rum) Lunchtime beer, Afternoon beer early evening Pernod or Whiskey, Evening meal wine, rest of evening Pernod, Whiskey or sometimes Port

Each and every one of those is the "best drink of the day! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The ‘best drink of the day’ for me is the one I have in my hand at the time. I stopped having milk in tea many years ago and couldn’t drink milky tea again for all the tea in China!! I like MM’s routines, both on and off the boat but I do wonder how he manages to put such sensible posts together, I’d not be able to find the right buttons with all that alcohol. I guess it takes practice MM? :default_norty:

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cal said:

We prefer Coors Light or Bud Light on the boat :default_drinks:

Any beer ending in light gets a :1315_thumbsdown_tone1: from me.

Don't listen to those beer snobs, try a Stella or 10 :default_smiley-angelic002:

:default_beerchug: