Roadworks 2019 ?

RumPunch

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:26, TheQ said:

At the moment I'm going via Coltishall, to avoid the Hoveton  bridge.

The road works for BT north of Wayford bridge have gone.

Not quite in the area But Fifers lane  where it hits St Faiths road, is being dug up for gas works from APR 1st..

...and of course, with all the traffic going through Coltishall, they started digging the road up there for 2 days yesterday causing more logjams....   So, I have a choice of being delayed via Wroxham, Coltishall or Stalham, unless I choose to go via Cromer road / North walsham. Oh - hang on, they're digging that up too.........

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RumPunch said:

...and of course, with all the traffic going through Coltishall, they started digging the road up there for 2 days yesterday causing more logjams....   So, I have a choice of being delayed via Wroxham, Coltishall or Stalham, unless I choose to go via Cromer road / North walsham. Oh - hang on, they're digging that up too.........

Acle, martham, winterton, waxham  sea Palling Lessingham.?

Horning? No problem if you go via Acle and Ludham. Only a mile or so longer.

If you turn off at the beginning of Upper Street the lights have only just got there and in any case, although there may be lights, any delay has only ever been minimal with these.

• Like 1

I'd agree with only minimal delay at the Horning upper street lights, especially as they seem to notice the flat square front of my landrover before I get there and change...

The Stalham lights  and cones seem to be removed when they are not working, a nice change from most road works..

No Change to the Stalham road works,

There was a just off the road works just north of the North walsham turn off yesterday afternoon, but I suspect it was a short one as a man was busy brushing the coned off area and the digger was heading back towards it's trailer..

I notice, it looks like they've used new bricks and concrete mortar on the lIsted Hoveton bridge built with lime mortar.....

Sorry not listed, but a Scheduled  Historic Monument, which has even tighter controls than most listings...

https://ancientmonuments.uk/102216-wroxham-bridge-hoveton#.XJ31geQ3afA

as is potter heigham bridge

https://ancientmonuments.uk/102254-potter-heigham-bridge-repps-with-bastwick#.XJ311-Q3afA

As is RAF Neatishead Type 84 radar..

https://ancientmonuments.uk/119597-raf-neatishead-type-84-radar-modulator-building-and-four-radar-plinths-neatishead#.XJ32DuQ3afA

That makes me feel old being qualified to work on it!!!

We've been through the Wroxham Bridge roadworks a few times in the last couple of days and didn't experience significant delays. This lunchtime though, as we drove out of Wroxham. there was a queue  coming into the village from the Norwich direction which stretched all the way back to the railway bridge. My heart goes out to anyone who was stuck in that.

We didnt risk it and went to Horning via Acle and Ludham as suggested. it just took us about 10 mins longer than usual but no hold ups. I really enjoyed the different route. Ive never driven over Acle bridge so it was interesting seeing the river from a different view. We think we are going to be using that route from now on until the end of the season. 

The temporary lights just as you go in to Horning from Ludham direction were faulty yesterday, this made for quite some interesting events? (Reported so hopefully fixed now). 

Also queued to the temporary lights on Wroxham Bridge, from about the end of Blackhorse broad, as you get out of Horning that took a while. I guess it was all due to the nice weather and extra hour of daylight? Once on to the maine road that passes Roy’s it’s seemed to flow quite well to the lights on the bridge. 

Cheers 

Cheers 

3 hours ago, PCL023 said:

The temporary lights just as you go in to Horning from Ludham direction were faulty yesterday, this made for quite some interesting events? (Reported so hopefully fixed now). 

Also queued to the temporary lights on Wroxham Bridge, from about the end of Blackhorse broad, as you get out of Horning that took a while. I guess it was all due to the nice weather and extra hour of daylight? Once on to the maine road that passes Roy’s it’s seemed to flow quite well to the lights on the bridge. 

Cheers 

Cheers 

Wow going via Maine, that was one heck of a diversion..

• Haha 1

I notice this morning the new wall is actually finished. It's much taller than the old one, I suppose so trucks can see it better.. however it will mean more to knock down next time it's hit..

Hopefully the traffic lighs will be removed shortly..

The Wayford Bridge side of the tescos junction on the A149 has had all it's cats eys removed as far as Stepping stone lane, I suspect another outbreak of road works shortly...

The concrete safety barriers round the brick work have been removed from the bridge. But this morning the traffic lights were still there.

There are more gas works at the north of Hoveton, even though they are well off the road, there all sorts of warning signs on the road..