Roadworks 2019 ?

RumPunch

The good news is the traffic lights on the bridge have gone..

The bad news is there is a new set of traffic lights just north of the new roundabout in Hoveton the works themselves are not on the road the traffic chaos is caused by making a pathway on the road while they dig the pathway up..

There will be roadworks on Salhouse road Norwich later this year near the castle carvery racecourse - how do i know, because at least a small part of what they will be doing there is part of the design I am currently working on, and it appears a roundabout is planned for the new estate that will be going in there.

50 minutes ago, grendel said:

There will be roadworks on Salhouse road Norwich later this year near the castle carvery racecourse - how do i know, because at least a small part of what they will be doing there is part of the design I am currently working on, and it appears a roundabout is planned for the new estate that will be going in there.

That explains why, although the road through from there to Wroxham road is in place, the signage is still 'whitewashed' out

12 hours ago, Pumpmedic said:

40k to lay bricks as motorists kept hitting the ironworks on the bridge.

Actually this time the old bridge wall had been hit and displaced by several inches towards the resturant..

Ps I note the A149 road south of where the relaid the tarmac at Stalham has also had it's cats eye removed as well as the north

• Like 1

Tomorrow road works starts in Stalham, from the double mini roundabouts a the bottom of the High street to the school zebra crossing and the first bit of Brumstead road. The work is supposed to last one day before moving onto the old A149 toward Stalham Green.

Interesting point if you come from the main road past tescos the signage tells you to do a U turn round the first mini round about to go on the diversion route via Happisburgh. Even my landrover couldn't do a U turn round that mini roundabout, let's see an artic try it..

• 2 weeks later...

As I went to work this morning, going through Wroxham at 06:15, between the funeral home and the bridge. A man was setting up barriers and had traffic lights in the back of the wagon.

Time to go home via Coltishall again..

I meant to say yesterday the Wroxham roadworks have cleared..

However there are new traffic lights outside the cremated Swan, nothing to do with the Swan though. BT have put in a new fibreoptic cabinet in the field between the Palling and Ingham Corner roads. Probably just the filling the holes left to do..

They've been throwing gravel at the road surface north of the Stalham it's disaster,  it's not stuck down properly, it's lumpy  there are gravel drifts of up to 6inches deep in places.  Please please be careful going through there... 

There are roads works on the Stalham - Ingram road in Stalham just after the school,  3way traffic lights.. 

I drove along a road that had been freshly gravelled like that, the car in front got to the first bend and drifted straight off the road, fortunately warning me in time to slow down, 6 weeks later there were big piles of gravel on the verges and bald spots on the road.

The resurfacing on the A149 at Stalham are hardly a disaster! Follow the warning speed limit, 20 mph, and you will not go far wrong. The road has probably needed a top dressing for some time and should now make it a lot safer.

Yesterday I saw a motor cycle doing a wheelie on the stretch now resurfaced, that is what makes the road a potential disaster.

4 hours ago, Heron said:

The resurfacing on the A149 at Stalham are hardly a disaster! Follow the warning speed limit, 20 mph, and you will not go far wrong. The road has probably needed a top dressing for some time and should now make it a lot safer.

Yesterday I saw a motor cycle doing a wheelie on the stretch now resurfaced, that is what makes the road a potential disaster.

The stuff they've put down today is a disaster,  the tar has not spread out and is in thin lines across the carriageway leaving thin ridges of gravel,  this has left lots of loosing gravel to pile up, in other places none has stuck to the carriageway at all leaving a trench of shiny old tarmac between piles of loose stuff. I'm guessing the tar wasn't hot enough or the road surface too cold.. 

I've been through the area again the stripes of tar and gravel have worn away so at least it's a more comfortable drive. The main bit of failure is between the two main entrances to Stalham where there are clear channels through the tar and gravel through to the old tarmac, the road to the north of that to Stepping stone lane only has a minor patch of tar and gravel missing.

The southern bit of tar and gravel road near the entrance to Richardsons isn't too bad, just a couple of minor bits where the tar hasn't stuck down.

Meanwhile the man with the white spray can has been around,   many local roads in the area have been marked out for patch repair. Particularly outside the Cremated Swan which has a large area marked out..

• 2 weeks later...

The road outside Tescos Stalham,  was gravelled today, they were finished before 06:10, when I went past.

The disaster on the main road between the two entrances to Stalham on the A149 has been regravelled during the day.  Lots of loose stuff around. 

A new set of traffic lights has appeared on the road north of Hoveton,  just before the hill up past the round towered church.  No idea why.. 

Many of the minor roads in around Stalham have been gravelled they've used tons of the stuff... 

I wonder why I've got a cracked windscreen... 

the above mentiond traffic lights on the Hoveton Stalham road have disappeared by this morning, so they weren't there long..

There were two lorry vacuum cleaners flying in close formation on the A149 hoovering up the excess on the repaired gravlly bit this morning, so it should be better by now..

Car booked in for windscreen replacement through insurers, next appointment available... next Wednesday..

17 minutes ago, TheQ said:

the above mentiond traffic lights on the Hoveton Stalham road have disappeared by this morning, so they weren't there long..

There were two lorry vacuum cleaners flying in close formation on the A149 hoovering up the excess on the repaired gravlly bit this morning, so it should be better by now..

Car booked in for windscreen replacement through insurers, next appointment available... next Wednesday..

I got a chip a week ago last Sunday near Wroxham and had it repaired last Thursday the operative seemed quite pleased he could repair it so he could dash off to the next job

6 hours ago, Bytheriver said:

I got a chip a week ago last Sunday near Wroxham and had it repaired last Thursday the operative seemed quite pleased he could repair it so he could dash off to the next job

Unfortunately  the chip was in the passenger side top corner that progressed to a crack a foot long 45 degrees out from the corner, and then overnight has aquired a u bend at the end of the crack. Hence new windscreen required..