Anybody Know Where These Apartments Are

webntweb

Just been looking on Waterside Breaks website. They are advertising what look like new two storey apartments in a marina in Wroxham.

Two of the apartments are called Crested Grebe and Bewick Swan. Anybody know exactly where they are please?

Roy

I think these are Barnes’ new self catering accommodation shown in the pictures above.

Situated on the “other side” of the river behind the private marina (the old Moore’s yard I think?).

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

Paul, River views is the collective name for them. Individually they are Bewick Swan | Crested Grebe | Greylag Goose. They are owned by Barnes and are featured on their website here (bottom left corner of page):
https://www.barnesbrinkcraft.co.uk/self-catering/houses/

Have  to say that considering Barnes had a blank canvas (subject to planning laws) to me they look very boxy and uninspiring.

I very nearly booked the last remaining unit for a week at the beginning of August (Friday 2nd August) over the weekend but wasn't able to convince the wife that she'd be content to sit in the "dog run" at the front. Instead I opted for a cottage in a village a few miles south of Holt (used to live there so know it well)….

The big building is called Sail loft, the blue boat looking one is called the boat house then there are the daisy broad lodges, the ones you describe are as stated across the river. The advantage of booking with Barnes at certain times of the year is  they provide a free day boat for your use.

I have stayed in all types except new ones and found them all very clean well equipped and comfortable. The Daisy broad lodges have outside space the others have balconies.

Hope you find something you like, enjoy.

Hello there, I stayed in Crested grebe last week lovely upside down holiday homes would highly recommend them. As far as fishing is concerned the property fronts onto the private part of the marina and so you would have to ask at reception. Each property comes with its own day boat (£50 refundable deposit applies) and I fished a couple of times, from that mooring plenty of small fish but nothing sizeable. the water was very clear as it was in the private part of the Marina. Just jump in the day boat go through the bridge to the viaduct moorings, much better results there. Day boat not provided during Spring Bank Holiday and main summer school holidays. hope this helps.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

Have  to say that considering Barnes had a blank canvas (subject to planning laws) to me they look very boxy and uninspiring.

And that's being very polite. 

I've never stayed in these new ones, though have stayed in the Sail Loft, several times since they were brand new, and the Boathouse. Whilst they are all very nice the last time we stayed in the Sail Loft the fixtures and fittings were starting to get a little tired, hence we tried the Boathouse which is newer. 

Don't judge a book by its cover, some people might not like the look of these properties from the exterior, but inside they are fine, 3 spacious bedrooms, all en suite good quality fixtures and fittings, no MDF in sight, a large balcony with table and 4 chairs with views down the river. The beds are the most comfortable we have  ever had In self catering accommodation. This was our first holiday with BB but would not hesitate ro return. Gramps and the lads usually hire a large bathtub from Richos in October but the lads now yearn for other places ie Turkey Ibiza or. Benidorm so it was just Gramps and Mrs Gramps this time, and it was supurb. 

• Like 3