Bargain Shares On Moonlight Shadow

Due to the purchase of our own boat we are reluctantly selling our shares in Moonlight Shadow.

We own an 8% (four week) share and a 4% (two week, summer and spring) share.

They are currently up for sale on the BCBM site at £2500 (8%) and £1500 (4%)

Details of Moonlight Shadow can be seen here. https://www.bcbm.co.uk/boats/broads-cruisers-page-127.html

We are prepared to let these go together at the bargain price of £3500 for the full 12% if you come to us direct.

Six weeks a year on the Broads!

• Like 2

Making an educated guess at the average annual cost of running Ms, I, d hazard a guess at that equating to around £300 per weeks holiday, would that be about right?.  That, 's excellent value for a week on a modern spacious cruiser.  An excellent opportunity for anybody considering syndicate ownership. 

• Like 3

Making an educated guess at the average annual cost of running Ms, I, d hazard a guess at that equating to around £300 per weeks holiday, would that be about right?.  That, 's excellent value for a week on a modern spacious cruiser.  An excellent opportunity for anybody considering syndicate ownership. 
Not including the initial investment it it about £200 per week plus fuel and pumpouts :)

I reckon the equivalent hire, averaged over the year, would be in the region of £800 per week

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

We are prepared to let these go together at the bargain price of £3500 for the full 12% if you come to us direct.

Indeed a bargain Steve for such a well presented boat. Seen recently at the Chet Mouth.

BCBM managed Norfolk Broads shared ownership boats. June 2019

3 hours ago, SueH said:

So how many shares for sale now?  3.5?

Sue

Hi Sue

Interesting that there are no shares for sale on Evening Shadow.  The boats are the same, so I can only attribute it to the mooring.

7 hours ago, Broads01 said:

The annual cost per share on Evening Shadow is less than Moonlight Shadow. 

Hi Simon

If you look at the breakdown of costs, there are more budgeted on Moonlight Shadow.  MS is valeted at the end of each week, taking the responsibility away from the owners and call outs and breakdown cover is also included.  In my opinion, the Northern Broads provide a more popular starting point than Brundall, where Moonlight Shadow is based, which is why the shares sell more readily.  

To be honest, when we bought into MS, I would have preferred to have been based North and was looking at Evening Shadow, however the buy in cost was far less for us on Moonlight and we jumped at the opportunity.  Having now experienced starting from Brundall, we have chosen it as the home mooring for our own, recently acquired boat and are happy with our decision.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

Hi Simon

If you look at the breakdown of costs, there are more budgeted on Moonlight Shadow.  MS is valeted at the end of each week, taking the responsibility away from the owners and call outs and breakdown cover is also included.  In my opinion, the Northern Broads provide a more popular starting point than Brundall, where Moonlight Shadow is based, which is why the shares sell more readily.  

To be honest, when we bought into MS, I would have preferred to have been based North and was looking at Evening Shadow, however the buy in cost was far less for us on Moonlight and we jumped at the opportunity.  Having now experienced starting from Brundall, we have chosen it as the home mooring for our own, recently acquired boat and are happy with our decision.

Thanks Malcom. I hadn't spotted the difference in what's included. If I ever do go down the syndicate route, I would look to have both breakdown cover and cleaning covered. I would have thought breakdown cover was 100% essential. 

The trouble with cleaning is it's very subjective, so if the boat is cleaned to the same standard every week then there are no arguments.

Yes I agree Brundall is an excellent place to be based. It's easier to get to, is quiet and peaceful and there are several pubs within easy cruising distance for your first night where you'd have to be unlucky not to find a mooring.  Not to mention the fact that the Southern broads is quieter and more chilled generally.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

Thanks Malcom. I hadn't spotted the difference in what's included. If I ever do go down the syndicate route, I would look to have both breakdown cover and cleaning covered. I would have thought breakdown cover was 100% essential. 

Hi Simon, I would be very surprised if any syndicates do not have breakdown cover. There are differences in the way we all run our craft. Even on the BCBM managed fleet it is up to the owners how we finance our boats. I would be surprised however if at the end of the day we did not end up with a total outlay similar to each other. 

Agree with 'oldgregg' about the cleaning can vary although on Silver Cloud we are lucky enough to have a local owner who is superb and does the job at a very reasonable charge.

To get back to the thread, although I have never been on board, Moonlight Shadow always looks beautifully presented and is a credit to her owners. The price Steve is offering for a 12% share is the bargain of the year!

Fred

• Like 2

We were seriously looking at buying a share in either of the Shadows, as we hired Merrymore back in the 90s and loved her. The reason why we settled on Lightning was because of the dual steering, meaning if it rains when we wish to go under bridges, we Don't get the saloon wet, and we still have the option of steering outside when the weather is good. Also, with the same number of berths in 43ft, that extra 5ft makes a great deal of difference. Having said that, if Lightning (or Thunder for that matter) hadn't been in Syndicate operation, we would definitely have bought into one of the Shadows. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Smalley said:

How much for the remaining shares? Also is there an option to combine weeks?

The share for sale mentioned in this thread has now been sold, however there are other shares on the market in Moonlight Shadow, including mine.  If you visit the BCBM website, they are listed, with mine at £1900, however I am prepared to take £1700 from a Forum member, dealing directly with me rather than BCBM.

If you would like more details, please message me through the Forum and I will attempt to answer your questions.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...