The Kiwis Have Landed

Goodbye folks, it has been fun knowing you. I shall continue to follow your antics from "the other side". 

We are now experiencing the true beauty of hindsight. Swmbo was determined to travel light, bringing the minimum in the smallest possible case. It was great. At the start. Since then we have perused shops and sales, all the while me muttering " i dont have a clue where this is going". 

Now neither of us have an idea where this is going. Certainly not in that tiny purse she termed her "carry on". Carry On is right. The bottleneck is our internal flight from Norwich to Manchester (truly the cheapest and quickest way to make the trip) and we will now have to get Logan Air to look the other way whilst we sneak on with a cabin trunk hidden under my (my!!) Jumper.

Have fun.

Chris

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Jbx5 said:

Logan air are quite good with baggage allowance compared to most.

Im driving to Manchester this morning Chris I could have dropped you off at the airport 

John

A very nice thought John and thankyou. Our flight has been delayed by four hours too, so we will now be stuck at Norwich until 6pm.

Oh, just for the record, no red light and only one precautionary pumpout in 3 weeks. Is it a record we ask?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jbx5 said:

No problem Chris I will be leaving Norwich at 11am just me myself and I if you want a lift 

John

Sorry we missed you John. Have a safe trip. We will kick our heels heŕe until check-in.

Cheers

Chris

2 hours ago, grounded said:

A very nice thought John and thankyou. Our flight has been delayed by four hours too, so we will now be stuck at Norwich until 6pm.

Oh, just for the record, no red light and only one precautionary pumpout in 3 weeks. Is it a record we ask?

Not sure I want to read a thread concerning bowel movements in a 3 week period myself! :default_eusa_naughty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Not sure I want to read a thread concerning bowel movements in a 3 week period myself! :default_eusa_naughty:

Not on here, anyway.  You've only got to look at the news  to see that motions have been passed at Westminster,  not that it is newsworthy particularly,  given what most politicians speak!!

• Haha 4

Hello again. Just to let you know the Kiwis have safely landed back home in NZ around 8am today. I know that seems a long time since leaving our boat on Friday, because it is, but our flight out of Manchester was not until Sunday lunch.

We plan to be back, if not before, we will make it in 2022 for our golden anniversary.

Anyway i am attaching a picture i took today of the view from the 14th tee of my local golf course in the depths of the New Zealand Winter. 21 degrees. Not Womack Water but not too shabby.

Cheers

Chris

20190723_143012.jpg

• Like 10

On 23/07/2019 at 05:10, grounded said:

We plan to be back, if not before, we will make it in 2022 for our golden anniversary.

It will be here before you know it!

Anyway i am attaching a picture i took today of the view from the 14th tee of my local golf course in the depths of the New Zealand Winter. 21 degrees. Not Womack Water but not too shabby.

20190723_143012.jpg

Not too shabby at all .... What a lovely view!