A Lighter Note - Thank You So Much For The Web Cams

Hylander

I was looking at HW web cams this morning and everyone getting off of their boats etc and realised that the Marina camera has a delay on it.    I watched on the Tour round camera a guy getting off his boat with his cool box.  Looked immediately at the Marina web cam and no chap no cool box , in fact nobody.      So assume a delay on there.

The Horning web camera , Carol is on to it but thinks the rain has got into it.    It does seem very temperamental.  

44 minutes ago, Hylander said:

I was looking at HW web cams this morning and everyone getting off of their boats etc and realised that the Marina camera has a delay on it.    I watched on the Tour round camera a guy getting off his boat with his cool box.  Looked immediately at the Marina web cam and no chap no cool box , in fact nobody.      So assume a delay on there.

The Horning web camera , Carol is on to it but thinks the rain has got into it.    It does seem very temperamental.  

I have noticed a delay on the Horning webcams too. The time showing on them is about 3/4 minutes behind real time. Potter bridge webcam (HW) is also delayed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grendel said:

it may be a deliberate policy, so if there is a crash at the bridge or some other incident they can shut the cameras down before they broadcast it.

Really!

The legal side of things does take the fun/reality of it all.

I can remember many many years ago a programme/series portrayed lawyers as gunslingers but I can't remember what it was. If you can, it would be appreciated.

11 minutes ago, VetChugger said:

Back up in glorious technicolor at Horning! Good to see. No Barnes camera again.

Barnes camera  is definitely up and running. We have just been  watching the boats all queued up to go under the bridge 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 30/07/2020 at 12:16, MotorBoater said:

image.thumb.png.9ea0f6b1c72dfa5173efc43ed80a88af.png

30 seconds previously this shot contained one boat moored at the top and one union flag.

I love this Horning webcam, but does anybody know how to get it showing wide beam cruisers instead of 'narrow boats'? It seems to be a 16:9 camera compressed to 4:3. Can I alter it at my end, or is it a setting by the providers?