Wonky Food

I'll have to look out for those as I'm using Morrison's for most of my shopping at the moment. Last week I ordered strawberries but didn't realise what a large size I had bought until I unpacked the delivery. Still got some in the fridge but they're keeping well.

I have been using a local greengrocery delivery service as well and they had some delicious strawberries which came from Holland.

We don't mind "wonky" fruit and veg at all. Have had apples, oranges, strawberries and carrots with the "wonky" designation and in many instances we were wondering why they were so classified. It might be my imagination or my Yorkshire tightness of wallet, but I think a lot of the "wonky" stuff tastes better than the ridiculously wasteful and overpriced "A1" products. 

We get all of our fruit and veg from a local farm shop. It comes in whatever shape it has grown, is almost never the "perfect" shape and tastes so much better than supermarket bought veg. It is also much cheaper then the supermarket.

On 13/06/2020 at 22:04, chameleon said:

just looked on morrisons website,

morrisons strawberries £5.71 /kg

morrisons wonky strawberries £4.41/kg

When we were in Morrisons Riverside last week, those were the prices - but the other way round !