Best Mobile Network For Brundall

Sam

Well Vodafone are not great at BGM or in much of Brundall area (in-laws live at Lingwood and it's not brilliant there either), if that's of any use.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Well Vodafone are not great at BGM or in much of Brundall area (in-laws live at Lingwood and it's not brilliant there either), if that's of any use.

Thanks. Any information is very gratefully received.

I think it may depend where abouts you are in Brundall, and by that I am presuming you are looking for the best signal in a marina?

I'm with BT and the signal at my mooring in Brundall Gardens is non existent, but it's there sometimes when I get to the carpark! Luckily we have wi-fi and use Whatsapp when on board. To make calls I walk or drive to the village centre.

Another factor I have discovered is the phone. Wife and I are both with BT but we can be in the same place and her Samsung A70 will get a better signal than my HTC 626. Yes I will be upgrading soon!

• Like 1

I think it may depend where abouts you are in Brundall, and by that I am presuming you are looking for the best signal in a marina?
I'm with BT and the signal at my mooring in Brundall Gardens is non existent, but it's there sometimes when I get to the carpark! Luckily we have wi-fi and use Whatsapp when on board. To make calls I walk or drive to the village centre.
Another factor I have discovered is the phone. Wife and I are both with BT but we can be in the same place and her Samsung A70 will get a better signal than my HTC 626. Yes I will be upgrading soon!

Thanks

Agree the phone makes a difference. Can be in the Yare pub and my Galaxy S5 (old now) on O2 gets nowt but friend on her Apple around 2yrs old on Voda has no problem. When on the boat I get and loose a signal within 2ft of moving the phone yet a 3 sim card in a box of trickery and an antenna stuck on inside of window gives good strong wi-fi connection. Another friend who lives in Brundall moved house and his phone signal went from good to poor.

Best advice is to try a pay as you go sim only on different networks for awhile before transfering your old number. All networks have shops in Norwich and there are many shops selling second hand phones.

Agree the phone makes a difference. Can be in the Yare pub and my Galaxy S5 (old now) on O2 gets nowt but friend on her Apple around 2yrs old on Voda has no problem. When on the boat I get and loose a signal within 2ft of moving the phone yet a 3 sim card in a box of trickery and an antenna stuck on inside of window gives good strong wi-fi connection. Another friend who lives in Brundall moved house and his phone signal went from good to poor.
Best advice is to try a pay as you go sim only on different networks for awhile before transfering your old number. All networks have shops in Norwich and there are many shops selling second hand phones.

I don’t currently have a U.K. phone so am hoping to find the best network so I can purchase online before we arrive.

Probably not a bad idea to send Robin (The London Rascal) a pm as he is based in Brundle and very savvy in these matters 

I was rather hoping he might reply to the thread! Didn’t want to contact him directly.

We’ve always used a 3 mobile wifi unit all over the Broads and got great signal for streaming in most places

That’s what I had heard. Thanks for the information.

• Like 1

When I finally get an overnight on the boat I'll do some research, I have giffgaff (o2), 3, and 1p (EE) payg sims as looking for the best option, I will be trying all 3 next time on boat, so far at home I'm not impressed with the EE one but on broads may be different matter.

If your handset has the capability then a good solution is to use a MIFI unit placed where it recieves a good signal(possibly with an external aerial) and then use the phone to make calls via WIFI(Whatsapp can do this both in video and just voice). My Galaxy S8 can make WIFI calls directly with no additional apps required.

I have had good results with my 3 MIFI units mainly on the Northern Broads but have no expirience with them in Brundall.

• Like 1

We live broom end of riverside estate and have rubbish o2 coverage so bought a throw away we mobile and it works fine although we don't use it for data

Hi. I’ll be using data so think I’ll try 3.

7 minutes ago, WherryNice said:

If your handset has the capability then a good solution is to use a MIFI unit placed where it recieves a good signal(possibly with an external aerial) and then use the phone to make calls via WIFI(Whatsapp can do this both in video and just voice). My Galaxy S8 can make WIFI calls directly with no additional apps required.

I have had good results with my 3 MIFI units mainly on the Northern Broads but have no expirience with them in Brundall.

I`ve been thinking about just that with my box of tricks and the aerial on the boat but two things, one I`ll have to find out which setting to use on the phone to ensure which sim takes the hits when on the boat and two I am not walking around with a 12v battery pack and an aerial stuck to my head when shopping !!!   :default_eusa_naughty:

Both the wife and I are on EE and we get an acceptable signal in Brundall.  The wife uses her data to stream radio to a smart speaker which works well enough with one or two areas between Somerleyton and Oulton Broad where we loose signal.  If we can’t get a tv signal at our home marina in Brundall, I use my phone as a hotspot to watch Amazon Prime on our tv.

I’ve been told that the phone mast in the station car park is Vodafone, so I’m surprised that the signal in the area is not good.

• Like 1