Best Mobile Network For Brundall

Sam

I use an O2 Mifi unit, I can get signal most places but there are spots I lose it, it does better if put somewhere higher up, and strangely enough if the usb cable is left plugged in. but there are a few spots signal cuts out or its impossible to get a good enough connection.

• Like 1

Sounds a bit like my first mobile, a Mobura(?) Talkman back in 1986!

I`ve been thinking about just that with my box of tricks and the aerial on the boat but two things, one I`ll have to find out which setting to use on the phone to ensure which sim takes the hits when on the boat and two I am not walking around with a 12v battery pack and an aerial stuck to my head when shopping !!!   :default_eusa_naughty:

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Haha 1

Having been moored in Brundall for the last 3 years and work all over East Anglia I would say it’s the worst place in the area for any type of signal. Tv poor, mobile phone poor..  Vodafone very poor bottom end of Riverside.

John

Having been moored in Brundall for the last 3 years and work all over East Anglia I would say it’s the worst place in the area for any type of signal. Tv poor, mobile phone poor..  Vodafone very poor bottom end of Riverside.
John

I’ve heard the same so I’m just trying to get the best of what’s available even if it’s not perfect.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

In Brundall (Cove) I use a mifi on three and get 4g 5 bars showing. three sim card 12gig preloaded lasts a year £27ish.

The marina has free wifi but very slow.

My O2 smartphone gets a random signal from non to 4g.

Jill's smarty which is  either  voda or ee, I cannot remember which, gets a good signal if she sits in the helm seat.

Penny mobile is okay for calls not internet.

Friends that live on Riverside use voda and ee.

So you pays your money and takes chance!

paul 

Hi Paul. Thanks for the information. Still looking as though 3 will be the best one to try. I will need internet. Although I can remember the days when we all used public phone boxes I now use the internet all the time so will probably get a 3 contract and hope for the best. Sally-Ann

3 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

A good friend  of mine ,I've worked  and known him since 1980.He hasn't  got a smartphone, he's got a old Nokia. Not long ago he asked in a phone  shop if that phone could be upgraded. The chap.said yes two tin cans and a length of  string!:default_biggrin:

Hi Ian,

That would work for me, if I could I would lock away my phone when on the boat, I have not worn my watch since I was last on the Broads in March.

Regards

Alan

On 19/06/2020 at 22:47, OldBerkshireBoy said:

I am not walking around with a 12v battery pack and an aerial stuck to my head when shopping !!!   :default_eusa_naughty:

Why ever not? It will guarantee you get the full 2 metres social distancing from just about everyone I should imagine......:default_biggrin::default_eusa_dance:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, WherryNice said:

Why ever not? It will guarantee you get the full 2 metres social distancing from just about everyone I should imagine......:default_biggrin::default_eusa_dance:

Battery pack, Aerial all you need is a walkie talkie in your hand, you would get 2mtrs vhf ok.