Up To The Boat Tomorrow

Chelsea14Ian

Sorry to hear about that Ian and hope Marina's neck is better soon.

The only time we really got hit hard we had no damage but the other boat did as he tried to do a runner, ramming the quay heading, at high tide, at Reedham the sound of fibre glass scrapping concrete at high speed put me off mooring there again, it was a private boat!

paul

• Like 1

Just now, SweetKingfisher1 said:

I know I should probably go to the hospital, buttttt after our holiday and dear Ian going to 2 hospitals and then going home early. 
Let’s see what the morning brings.

Thanks.

Regards

Marina

Well it`s your neck of course however I would get checked out if only for peace of mind.

Best regards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Well it`s your neck of course however I would get checked out if only for peace of mind.

Best regards.

Second that! Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. I was hoping this trip would have been the relaxing time you’d wished for. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

RIGHT!!!

There has been a lot of discussion about who called who what.

Tempers run high, things are said that might later be regretted.

I know that if something unfortunate happens to me, in the heat of the moment I will say things that I will, in time regret. The other thing I know is that whilst in the heat of the moment, being told not to say those things will be as welcome as a fart in a phone box. 

SO... lets give slack in all directions and when tempers cool lets try to look at what actually happened and try to spread the word to stop it happening again.

Signed off.. the idiot.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Second that! Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. I was hoping this trip would have been the relaxing time you’d wished for. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Hi good to hear from you and yes I know hospital.

We are going to see how it is in the morning and go from there.

Thanks.

Regards

Marina

1 minute ago, MauriceMynah said:

I know that if something unfortunate happens to me, in the heat of the moment I will say things that I will, in time regret. The other thing I know is that whilst in the heat of the moment, being told not to say those things will be as welcome as a fart in a phone box. 

I know I would be spitting blood in that situation no matter who said what to me. So yep I agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

RIGHT!!!

SO... lets give slack in all directions and when tempers cool lets try to look at what actually happened and try to spread the word to stop it happening again.

Signed off.. the idiot.

Hi, well for us we still got to look at our  boat from the front and of course we are moored stern on, all I can say is great to the fenders for taking the impact on the stern.

So next time you see a boat with lots of fenders don’t laugh, think how they are protecting their boat. I know I will think like that.

Regards

Marina

Okay .Lets sum up.We moored at Beccles just after 1 o'clock. One boat moored.We went up to town 

Not that many people  worry,but due to my lungs,meaning  I had to stop 4 or 5 times.Had a meal,vary enjoyable.Came back to the boat.Unable to go back to town.My illness doesn't allow.Cup of tea.Then out of the corner of my eye,boat appears whack knocking us against the bank.Then hitting the boat next to us.Sorry what should I say don't worry old boy.As I said Think if I didn't make clear my anger he would  have hoped to have got away with it.

Am I a bad person,that's for others to decide. In life I expect others to give there best,as do I myself.Easy for people to question  our action,we were there not you.Not only us but the boat next to us was very upset.One lady was crying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/10/2020 at 17:03, Chelsea14Ian said:

We got into Oulton 16.25.Rain,sun,rain,sun all along the way.would have got here sooner if it wasn't  for Sommerleyton. The bridge was 8 feet.I requested  the bridge to open, but had to wait 25 minutes ,until they opened it.Still heating  on now and  a little Scotch. Around  Hadley  a brooms hire boat heading  for Brundall  called out my name.Not sure who it was.Photonof a boat many will know.

20201008_165401.jpg

Hi Ian it was me on Broom Explorer who blew me horn and gave you a shout.. You was looking a tad wet sat out there yesterday in the rain.. Sorry if I made you jump... Sunday morning we had to wait 32 mins for them to open the bridge at somerleyton had to wait on the 24hr moorings .. Struggled to get off of them with the strong winds .. got off in the end .. Have a good time 👍👍🤣

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SweetKingfisher1 said:

Hi, well for us we still got to look at our  boat from the front and of course we are moored stern on, all I can say is great to the fenders for taking the impact on the stern.

So next time you see a boat with lots of fenders don’t laugh, think how they are protecting their boat. I know I will think like that.

Regards

Marina

How was the neck this morning Marina and did you get it checked out?

No she didn't in the end.As I know full well sadly.Long wait in A&E.Not sure what they could  do for her neck.We made our way to Loddon, which filled up this afternoon. Tomorrow booked into The Ferry house, then home Monday. I have an appointment at Guys Hospital Tuesday,regarding  my lungs, which may require an operation. 

4 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

No she didn't in the end.As I know full well sadly.Long wait in A&E.Not sure what they could  do for her neck.We made our way to Loddon, which filled up this afternoon. Tomorrow booked into The Ferry house, then home Monday. I have an appointment at Guys Hospital Tuesday,regarding  my lungs, which may require an operation. 

Sorry to hear that Marina decided that route, they may have found something now rather than something that comes to light in time.

Good luck with your own health.

• Thanks 1

I hope your appointment at the hospital goes okay, and that you find you don’t need an op. Hope too that Maria’s neck is on the mend.

Take care and stay safe both of you. Also, hope the rest of this stay on your boat is relaxing. Enjoy the Ferry House.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Will check tomorrow, Think they may be slight damage. If a problem  I will call WRC.

As the other party admitted liability at the time, you should be ok with WRC (?) fixing any damage. Hope it’s all straightforward for you.