Up To The Boat Tomorrow

Chelsea14Ian

Guest Jayfire

I'm sure you've said but how long are you out for Ian?

I'll be around again soon so you may want to have cleared off by then :default_biggrin:

Oulton is still one of my favourite spots, maybe I need to change mooring again :35_thinking:

On 05/10/2020 at 11:04, Chelsea14Ian said:

We are back up to the boat tomorrow,until Friday or Saturday .Hopefully no mishaps this time.Hope to get to  Oulton and Beccles ,perhaps Loddon and The Ferry house. I've got a PET scan next monday.This will probably be our last trip this year sadly.Had hoped to have another  trip but I may need further treatment and Marina may have a op on her wrist.

Will be good to have a few hopefully stress free days.I will post some picks. 

Hope to see you around we should be around that area sat/sun

• Like 1

About  20 minutes ago a stupid idoit came in to the YS hit us and the boat next to us.Of course  I told him how stupid  he was "I wasn't  going fast he said".It was one of those wedge shaped  boats from The WRC.Just spoken to the yard they will call be back.Marina thinks he was trying to re engage the steering. Not the place or time to do so.

• Sad 1

Guest Jayfire
15 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I phoned WRC,they will contact me.The boat that hit us,came said sorry and will take responsibility. He admitted  that he tried to disengage the steeing.Not the place  to do so.

Sorry you've been hit Ian, but it doesn't really sound to me like somebody who needs to be called an idiot or kno*head. 

Seems like a genuine mistake

Hope you get any damage sorted by the boatyard however

Guest Jayfire
6 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

He was lucky  I only called him a idiot.You don't try to disengage the steering close to other boats.He sure gave two of us a big whack.Perhaps now he's learnt a lesson. 

I'm sure he has learnt a lesson, as have we all along the way as we have enjoyed our travels on the rivers.

I'm sure he is feeling a right berk and anxious about moving again tomorrow, a little like a member of the NBN has been feeling this week on their own first visit, I just don't think they deserve to be called names for what appears to be a genuine mistake.

Still, I hope you and your boat are fine and any damage is dealt with by the boatyard

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

18 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

If it is worse in the morning then get it looked at. Sounds like whiplash.(is that one word or two?).

I know I should probably go to the hospital, buttttt after our holiday and dear Ian going to 2 hospitals and then going home early. 
Let’s see what the morning brings.

Thanks.

Regards

Marina