Freezing

PaulMargaret

Guest Jayfire
24 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Mine too. The dogs love the beach and the dunes. 

Ooh, I've got a pic or two of when I was on Winterton beach enjoying a lovely walk recently...I'll see if I can find and post them :default_smiley-angelic002:

Guest Jayfire
11 minutes ago, KatieR said:

That’s a point...

Did you just get lost Mr Fire and stumble upon the beach? Next you’ll be trying to tell us you just love the feel of sand between your toes and the sound of the waves as opposed to the juke box in the Kings Arms... :default_biggrin:

I do whatever necessary. Boat, kayak, walking, car, riding my bike... :default_biggrin:

This can't be news to you that I like to get around, I have to admit though that I generally hate the beach. Loved it at Winterton though although never actually had to go barefoot or visit the sand dunes, but I'm much more of a scary road and muddy field kinda walker. Some people moan about that though

I'm not sure what you think is wrong with the juke box in the KA, mainly because I'm far too young to actually know what a jukebox is... :default_smiley-angelic002:

Guest Jayfire
1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Or this one for a look at Hickling Broad. 

That's me decided. Next time I'm at the boat and decide against taking her out, I'm inflating the dinghy and using battery power for another trip up to Hickling.

Or West Somerton......or Maybe Horsey, then again....Waxham........:default_biggrin:

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Or this one for a look at Hickling Broad. 

on trips home we visited hickling , the pottery at stalham , the coastal place falling into the sea , could also do norwich or lowestoft , have eaten at sutton stithe , harnser , poss the swan, and one night took a curry from the indian to the pub next door on the landlords last night , and 1st trip got bargain 50p chickens from tesco rotisserie (think food had stopped at the harnser ) 

• Haha 1

Hi all I'm sorry to say had to come home 2 days early had a terrible night with my back slept on and off in a chair so we decided to come home knowing we had a 3 and half hour drive didn't want to make it any worse.

I have written down all the suggestions of places to visit.

But I want to say a massive thankyou to all forum members that have helped and made our holiday we will definitely be back.

Take care speak soon ❤❤👋👋

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Brings to mind a post I made several years ago about a couple new to the Broads who turned it in due to the lack of mooring anywhere near where they wanted to go.

just ended up going between potter and acle when Richardson’s had a base there. 
Me and the mrs spent a couple of hours talking with them, found out they never knew about the other boat yards at wroxham they could use and yes, they was sold on the image of just pulling up alongside a pub and eating and apart from the co op in acle and Lathams that was it for supermarkets 

Having had back trouble on and off since my mid 20s, I think you probably made the right decision. It usually takes me at least a week or more to get over a back ‘episode’. Hope you get back next year. You seem to have got over your initial trepidation and enjoyed yourselves, which is great.

I had my last back ‘episode’ a couple of weeks before a hire we had booked starting 4th July this year. Can you imagine how popular I would been if we’d had to cancel that!

Shame you had to curtail your holiday though. 

• Thanks 1

Hope you’re soon feeling much better. Sometimes cutting short a holiday is the right thing to do. At least you kept going longer than you first thought you might.

I think there were quite a few of us here who enjoyed being able to follow your journey and offer friendly words of advice or help where we could.

• Thanks 1