New Builds

Guest Jonny

does anybody know if other yards are knocking out some know builds like Alpha,Silverline,BBC,Swan craft???

been awhile since we have heard of any new builds

Jonny

Hi Jonny

Swancraft are putting in a new 2 berth into the fleet this season from June. It’s based on an Alpha 31 foot hull and they are fitting it out themselves. Fitted to a very high standard. I'll hopefuly have a nosey round in June.

They have also done a couple for private sale as well, just keep wishing those numbers would come up!! :roll:

cheersbar

post-131-136713805195_thumb.jpg

Nice to see that Swancraft are still looking to put ALL-Broads boats out!!! :clap:clap:clap

Yes, I know, "it's what the public wants" (glorified 'gin-palaces'). :naughty::naughty::naughty: And no, I'm not criticising the Salties, they make their choice for entirely different reasons.

But to miss out on all the parts of The Broads you can get to with 6ft6ins or so airspace seems to negate the idea of what its all about...

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I think you`ve got it spot on Howard. They definately look like Alphas. Have a look at the pictures of Alpha Spitfire etc, and the hulls and superstructures look identical. Obviously came to that conclusion BEFORE you went in the pub? :naughty::naughty::lol::lol: .

:lol::dance

cheersbar

Neil obviously came to his decision AFTER he came back from the pub..

Sliding canopy on superstructure so they aren't Spitfire class boats.

(I'm out on Hurricane next weekend, using my auction win trip)

To me they look similar to the Vulcan class, with that turned down counter.

My spies at alphacraft did mention a while ago that they have a "mini Vulcan" in the pipeline,

but whether these are two of those or the full size ones I don't know.

Perhaps I can find out a bit more when I go next weekend but being Easter there probably won't be

many of the "build" side chaps around.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Neil obviously came to his decision AFTER he came back from the pub..

Sliding canopy on superstructure so they aren't Spitfire class boats.

(I'm out on Hurricane next weekend, using my auction win trip)

To me they look similar to the Vulcan class, with that turned down counter.

My spies at alphacraft did mention a while ago that they have a "mini Vulcan" in the pipeline,

but whether these are two of those or the full size ones I don't know.

I was thinkingt more along the hull design rather than tops generally, but i was halfway through writing that post and did`nt have the time to go through websites checking boat names. However, i`l be a bit more thourough next time Mr Goodall :lol: . Regards .............. Neil.

Perhaps I can find out a bit more when I go next weekend but being Easter there probably won't be

many of the "build" side chaps around.

I was thinkingt more along the hull design rather than tops generally, but i was halfway through writing that post and did`nt have the time to go through websites checking boat names. However, i`l be a bit more thourough next time Mr Goodall :lol: . Regards .............. Neil.

Sorry Neil , I know you like the woooden ones more,

me I'm still trying to work out how to keep the 3 little tykes from falling overboard from Hurricane.

Personally I like the idea of tying them to the boat with very sort tethers!

If the Spitfire class have a problem then Tazman's boys will find it, and I still dont like the lack of safety rails!

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Tazman, now there`s a name from the past, how`s he getting on Martin, we don`t hear anything from him these days?. Next time you speak to him, please say hello from me?. Regards ................ Neil.

Tazman, now there`s a name from the past, how`s he getting on Martin, we don`t hear anything from him these days?. Next time you speak to him, please say hello from me?. Regards ................ Neil.

Will do, he is currently trying to sort out a new house, following a move at the end of last month...

The current problem seems to be replacing the back fence and gate, simple job, three posts, one panel and a gate...

Simple that is until you see how much concrete was put in around the current (rotten) posts.

He is therefore currently working on building up his muscles, using cold chisels and a hammer!

Still he has until Saturday and then its three nights on Hurricane, probably staying down south this time.

Provisional plan is Reedham Saturday night , Lodden for lunch, and then down to WRC for Sunday

Easter Monday looks like Beccles and then back to the Beauchamps Arms.

Then an early departure on Tuesday morning to get the boat back to Alphacraft.

I have to admit I had no idea what a simoom was so I looked it up. According to Wikepedia it's "Simoom (Arabic: سموم‎ samūm; from the root سم s-m-m, "to poison") is a strong, dry, dust-laden local wind that blows in the Sahara, Palestine, Israel, Jordan, Syria, and the deserts of Arabian Peninsula." Yes it is an odd choice of name but as it's Silverline it'll be anything but an odd boat - really looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Had a long chat with Paul at Alphacraft today as I was handing back "Hurricane", and was shown the first of their new "Mini Vulcans".

They are cut down versions of Vulcan, i.e. centre cockpit with a full sliding canopy, and I reckon that they will be 35ft in length.

The hull looks similar to that for the "Mini Spitfire class", e.g. Barracuda.

(The turned down counter on Vulcan and Spitfire also seemed to suggest that they share a hull mould.)

No 1's hull and superstructure are complete and she is afloat awaiting collection by the yard that are going to fit her out.

Totally white gel coat and floating very light in the water with no fittings (the wind was making her scoot around in the basin!)

No 2 was just having the superstructure fitted to the hull (an interesting few minutes for Tazman's kids to watch).

The superstucture has light blue anti skid patches on the roof of the fore-cabin and on the canopy

Now I know there is at least one yard that uses that but I can't remember which.

It seems that the order book for the new design is bulging, with over 20 on order for various yards,

but Alphacraft don't have any plans to fit out any themselves,

and will be concentrating on turning out the shells for other yards.

I will post some photos later when I get them off of my camera.

We could even run a little quiz as to which of the other Alpha's have donated bits of their plugs to make the new superstructure!

Martin