New Olympic Events

Koolwabbit

Second most watched sport in The World...Cricket, not included.

Polo, dropped after 1936. Seen huge rise in interest in recent times, not included.

Squash, truly a fast athletic sport played by millions , not included.

Break Dancing!!!! Enough said

May not be in our circles but Break Dancing has been around since the 80's it was then and now even more now is massive around the world . One thinks there is a need to freshen things up and appeal to a younger generation 

And to be honest I would sooner watch that than waiting to see a float bob under the water 

Finny

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Try walking across the dance floor in stilettos

I couldn’t walk anywhere in stilettos 👠, have never worn them in my life!

As for Olympic sports, snooker is another one that’s missing. They could play it like the old Pot Black show that used to be on the tv. 

• Like 2

I did wear stilettos occasionally in my younger years. I even dressed up now and again (ably assisted by a Nain (Gran) who was a professional seamstress and a Mam who was just as good). Vogue Pattern magazine was essential reading. 
Not now though! Working for the OU in a Faculty where dress down is the norm, and now lockdown has turned me into a complete dress down mess. I suppose I should just congratulate myself I don’t wear pyjamas all day, having seen a young women visit our local Sainsburys recently in pyjamas and dressing gown. What!!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Jayfire
3 hours ago, ChrisB said:

Second most watched sport in The World...Cricket, not included.

Polo, dropped after 1936. Seen huge rise in interest in recent times, not included.

Squash, truly a fast athletic sport played by millions , not included.

Break Dancing!!!! Enough said

And cross country running (an actual athletic sport) dropped too :facepalm:

Guest Jayfire
2 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

That’s a weird one. I wonder if the other long distance run sports lobbied against. I would have thought cross country would be a lot more scenic.

I can't see it, cross country running forms a big part of distance run training but who knows. It's certainly more scenic than a skate park though :default_biggrin:

Hope you and the family are doing well Helen