Oh, To Be In Norfolk! (again)

NorfolkNog

39 minutes ago, Meantime said:

Ian, I think you might have misread the post. I think Howard is still upt North lamenting the fact he would rather be in Reedham purchasing some Christmas goodies. 

Hoppy Christmas Gold does sound interesting though.

Yes now I see,having read it again. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LizG said:

It's a shame Humpty Dumpty don't deliver as we would almost certainly order some. As posted yesterday

IMG_20201219_213515_650.jpg

I'm sure your never going to be able to drink all that. I'm happy to cover the postage if you want to send it to a good home :default_beerchug: No, ah well worth a try! :default_rofl:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Meantime said:

I'm sure your never going to be able to drink all that. I'm happy to cover the postage if you want to send it to a good home :default_beerchug: No, ah well worth a try! :default_rofl:

We have had several offers of help / buy it off us, but I'm assured we will manage 

:default_beerchug::default_beerchug::default_beerchug:

:594c04f07a501_default_AnimatedGifCats(124):

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Ian yes, MT was right, I was shedding a tear because I can't get my hands on any! 

Both the Christmas Crack and the Christmas Crackling are superb - not tried the Hoppy Christmas but would love to have the chance. The Christmas Crack is dangerously drinkable - you should have seen me last year after the HD open day........:default_drinks:

But sadly in spite of my hints HD don't do mail order - many breweries do including another favourite of mine up here - Mallinsons of Huddersfield 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Hi Ian yes, MT was right, I was shedding a tear because I can't get my hands on any! 

Both the Christmas Crack and the Christmas Crackling are superb - not tried the Hoppy Christmas but would love to have the chance. The Christmas Crack is dangerously drinkable - you should have seen me last year after the HD open day........:default_drinks:

But sadly in spite of my hints HD don't do mail order - many breweries do including another favourite of mine up here - Mallinsons of Huddersfield 

I went slightly continental for some festive cheer! Hic! :default_drinks: Visited the Halve Moon Brewery last year and was planning another visit as soon as it was safe. That's now delayed till next year soooooometime! 

20201208_131139.jpg

• Like 2

You do realise Liz has an open door policy at her house, show up with beer and she'll open the door :default_biggrin: Honestly you lot, no wonder Carole is such a lush with all this talk of booze :default_norty:

I so hope you get your Broads and beer fix soon Mr N, in the mean time I wish you and Mrs N a lovely Christmas x

:default_xmas6:

• Like 3

Aw, thanks Grace. :default_icon_kiss:

This Forum really is the friendly one - a very kind member (you know who you are) :default_beerchug: very kindly offered to pick up some of the beer from Reedham until we are down next. Problem is it wont keep for very long and I think here in flat cap land we are going to be in the high tiers for a good while yet so it will be a long time before we can travel anywhere. Gutted. 

But it does show how folks on the Forum will go out of the way to help others :91_thumbsup:

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Meantime said:

I went slightly continental for some festive cheer! Hic! :default_drinks: Visited the Halve Moon Brewery last year and was planning another visit as soon as it was safe. That's now delayed till next year soooooometime! 

20201208_131139.jpg

Ahhh Straffe Hendrik.  We visited Bruges a few years ago, had a meal in a restaurant where I got chatting to the Patron, who introduced me to said beer. After a couple of "winter warmers" followed by a coffee laced with Geneva.  I found that my legs didn't work properly. 

• Like 1

Not beer but wine.Winbirri vineyard Surlingham have excellent  white and red wine.In 2017,they were voted best single varietal white  wine in the world.I've got three bottles  of red for Christmas. They do deliver.There wines are not cheap,but in my opinion worth it.

WWW.Winbirri.com.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SteveO said:

Ahhh Straffe Hendrik.  We visited Bruges a few years ago, had a meal in a restaurant where I got chatting to the Patron, who introduced me to said beer. After a couple of "winter warmers" followed by a coffee laced with Geneva.  I found that my legs didn't work properly. 

A very interesting fact about De Halve Maan Brewery is that as production expanded beyond their original base they ran out of space for the bottling plant and decided to move it to the outer city limits, but rather than transport the beer from the brewery to the bottling plant they have run a beer pipeline underground. When the brew is ready it is released under gravity from the tanks to the bottling plant. 

Now if only Howard knew where to dig! :default_drinks: 

• Haha 3