Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

7 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Johnny Crowes staithe - Nice one,  well done  :default_beerchug:

I want to get alongside there sometime soon and have a bit of a clear up, trim grass etc

Griff

It's looking fairly well trodden. :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mouldy said:

Did you evict the constant cruisers.  Expect them back later to claim their mooring spot! :default_hiding:

It’s been available for quite a few weeks now. The odd boat in but no ‘hogging’.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Good though. 😊

Is the path up to the track still very muddy? Contemplating footwear for a potential overnight stay soon. 

After a trip to Neatishead, mainly to offload the recycling items we’d amassed during our first week aboard, we ended up back on our home mooring this evening. HPC is closed Saturdays and Sundays (it seems that Clive has the enlightened view that his staff deserve their weekends off with their families), so it’s always very peaceful at the weekend.

• Like 2

You know how I said it was peaceful yesterday evening. As the evening wore on I could hear music in the distance…correction, I couldn’t hear the actual music, just the repetitious beat of disco/rave music. I must have been some way off and I’m not sure in which direction. Anyway, it was still going at 2.30am, not that it kept me awake.

Did anyone else hear anything?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

You know how I said it was peaceful yesterday evening. As the evening wore on I could hear music in the distance…correction, I couldn’t hear the actual music, just the repetitious beat of disco/rave music. I must have been some way off and I’m not sure in which direction. Anyway, it was still going at 2.30am, not that it kept me awake.

When we were at Irstead, Graham said he heard music which kept him awake for a while. I must have slept through it.  Most unusual for me! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Heard it at Salhouse in the early hours, very quiet though so must have been some distance away.

I wonder if there was an event on at The Beauchamp Arms?  There are a few planned there for this summer, all going on until 03:00.  They’ll be popular with the locals!

https://www.tickettailor.com/events/bellfest/1134725hi

https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Norwich/The-Beauchamp-Arms-Norfolk--NR14-6DH/Revibe-Summer-Solstice-All-Dayer/38300775/

As mentioned in Kate's Springer's Retreat thread, we met up with Kate in Thurne yesterday. I enjoyed my lunch, but was disappointed that they weren't offering Sunday roast. Maybe that's why the dyke was almost empty as we were making our way to the pub after 12.

After waving farewell to Kate we headed up back up the Bure and the Ant again. We had intended to grab a wild mooring and there were two or three available. Our favourite just below Irstead had been taken over by a pair of swans, so we gave that a miss and ended up at Paddy's Lane instead.

It was very peaceful there overnight until the wind picked up this morning. When I finally got up at 8'ish the rain was lashing down. Graham suggested that we go back to our home mooring, so that's what we did, taking our time as the visibility wasn't great. On the other hand we hardly passed any other boats apart from several Richardson's boats that were heading across Barton Broad at quite a pace...probably panicking that they wouldn't get back for 9.

I don't think we'll be moving much for the rest of the day. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Our favourite just below Irstead had been taken over by a pair of swans,

I think I know the one you mean, is it on the left, just before the river bends sharply to the right to go through Irstead? I've never stopped there, it looks like a good spot?

4 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

I think I know the one you mean, is it on the left, just before the river bends sharply to the right to go through Irstead? I've never stopped there, it looks like a good spot?

Yes, that’s the one. It’s particularly good if you are looking for a shady spot…which isn’t just now. 

• Like 1

This holiday is notable for the number of cuckoos and bitterns that we’ve heard…almost at every mooring. Even now on our home mooring we heard a cuckoo earlier and there is now a bittern somewhere nearby.

• Like 3

We've ended up in Acle today, having forgotten about the quay heading works in Potter, which meant there weren't any spaces left on the BA moorings. It looked pretty full in the Herbie Woods basin too, though we didn't go in to check it out properly.

At least we got a space near an electric post, with over £1 credit too. Should come in handy this evening as the temperature drops...or even this afternoon as it's pretty miserable still. Every time the sun tries to make an appearance the black clouds take over and we get another downpour.

:default_badday:

• Like 5

Guess what…it’s raining again. I don’t think we’ve had this much rain when on the boat even during the winter months. 

:default_badday:

We’ve just hunkered down in Horning yet again. 

• Sad 1