Living On A Boat

Roy

1 minute ago, vanessan said:

Ah - that’s the one with the fitted ‘arch’ isn’t it? (Not quite sure what to call it.)

That’s the one.  Was on Sabena Marine’s hire fleet many years ago.

• Like 1

Manifiques owner is Tony, I was chatting to him a while back and he has packed up because of his wife's health issues, I think they have gone back to Devon

4 minutes ago, Jemaki said:

Manifiques owner is Tony, I was chatting to him a while back and he has packed up because of his wife's health issues, I think they have gone back to Devon

Thanks John.  I did wonder what had happened to cause it to be for sale.  I can imagine winter as a live aboard, without a permanent berth and associated facilities must be hard if you have health issues.

Guest Jayfire
33 minutes ago, Timbo said:

I mean, each to their own, but the Gentian approach eliminates the clipping, but then its all quantum! :default_norty:

I think we better end this conversation here before we fall out. Good day sir, good day

Gentian approach indeed. Hmph 

There are some boat yards that turn a blind eye as they get 24 hour security AND providing they don't spread themselves all over the bank side many you wouldn't know that they live on board as they don't look any different from those around them, the other type, with no home mooring, water gipsies as my wife calls them can be very pleasant people BUT they do bring attention to the way they live,   there are one or two exceptions you can only tell by the wind turbines and solar panels not sure how comfortable there life style is in winter  BUT there choice and they don't bother or cause me any greff . John

Yes , Tony is moving back South lovely chap and we wish him all the best in the future .

The vast majority of the live-aboards and continuous cruisers Katie and I have met over the years have been friendly helpful people with pride in their homes and utmost respect for their surroundings and often most that encounter them do not realise that they do live aboard , sadly the few that fail to maintain their boats and clutter the riverbanks do stand out.

On the whole live aboards  are an asset to the Broads (IMHO) and it’s a travesty that there are not more suitable moorings made available for them .

• Like 3

I don't see a problem with people choosing to live on a boat full time. Continuous cruisers, as they are known on the canal. Unfortunately, as with every lifestyle there are the minority that get noticed for creating a complete tip on the bank (then clearing off and leaving the bank like that). Also the few that flout the rules on how long to stay on moorings.

As usual it’s the minority that spoil it for others.

• Like 1

Guest Jayfire
9 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Yes , Tony is moving back South lovely chap and we wish him all the best in the future .

The vast majority of the live-aboards and continuous cruisers Katie and I have met over the years have been friendly helpful people with pride in their homes and utmost respect for their surroundings and often most that encounter them do not realise that they do live aboard , sadly the few that fail to maintain their boats and clutter the riverbanks do stand out.

On the whole live aboards  are an asset to the Broads (IMHO) and it’s a travesty that there are not more suitable moorings made available for them .

Completely agree CC, and if i was able to I'd be one myself. Maybe in times ahead, although I'm not totally sure they'd thank me for becoming one of them :default_rofl: