Flavel Vanessa Cooker.

• BrundallNavy changed the title to Flavel Vanessa Cooker.
57 minutes ago, BrundallNavy said:

We have upgraded Nippers cooker so if any one wants a Flavel Vanessa cooker with two hobs, grill and oven. Works very well . Use as is a good for spares.  
£30

94E74A67-7E4C-4353-9C02-F9C175A5CEFA.jpeg

764FCE71-7876-47D6-A835-5FCF6950E861.jpeg

Yes please

• 2 years later...
10 hours ago, Lmangat said:

Hi, just wondering what oven you replaced it with? I’ve got the same and trying to find a new one that will fit! Thank you in advance if you see this. 
laura 

We bought one of these:

https://www.norfolkmarine.co.uk/voyager-4500-2-burner-oven-grill-cooker

We wanted one with ignition, but post Covid, they just weren’t available, so settled for one without.  I think they’re the closest in size you’ll find.

I got similar to Mouldy but without the oven as we never use it, in the space below I put a microwave as I carry a gunny during season and often plugged in, much more useful for us.

we replaced the cooker on water rail with one of these (non ignition) last year, the only difference between that and the previous one was the top thing the post sit on was just a few mm higher (and clipped in at the back of the cooker rather than the top, 1/2" off the worksurface behind it means we can get that wire bit off for cleaning now

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Try SMEV. 

They are about the same size and very efficient, except they run better on propane than butane.

If it were me, I would hang on to the Flavel Vanessa.  Hard to beat!

We have a Smev on our boat and I’m not that impressed with the oven, you must remove the solid tray otherwise is takes for ever to cook. 

we replaced the Flaval with a Voyager 4500 with battery ignition and thought it was a great oven   The gas inlet is on the opposite side but the size is pretty much the same. 

36 minutes ago, BrundallNavy said:

We have a Smev on our boat and I’m not that impressed with the oven, you must remove the solid tray otherwise is takes for ever to cook. 

we replaced the Flaval with a Voyager 4500 with battery ignition and thought it was a great oven   The gas inlet is on the opposite side but the size is pretty much the same. 

We think the upgrade to the Voyager is worthwhile too.  The Flavel was alright and still worked, but getting the oven to a temperature to be able to cook anything required time and patience.

4 hours ago, Mouldy said:

We think the upgrade to the Voyager is worthwhile too.  The Flavel was alright and still worked, but getting the oven to a temperature to be able to cook anything required time and patience.

The oven on the Flavel  and the Voyager are far better than the Smev   It nearly became a mud weight when we first got the boat, we have sort of got use to it as the hob and grill are great just not that impressed with the oven.