Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

CambridgeCabby I envy you going up to the Broads with this very Fine Sunny weather and enjoying the time we are now having. I wish I were on the Broads now recuperating from my Emergency Bowle  Operation. Still, I will have to  Dream about Boating on the Broads for Next Year in the Spring with nice weather I hope?

• Thanks 1

Arrived at about 18:30 , traffic on the A11 heavy , literally just came out of the wet shed and moored in the basin , quick walk over to the Broadside Chalet Park for a bite to eat and a few Guinesses .

Destination in the morning ?? 

……..?

you’re all wrong ,

Womack 

• Like 2

Broadside Chalet Park for a bite to eat and a few Guinness's.

We have started using the Broadside Chalet Park.  Its' very handy being only over t road, no need to book a table, clean no frills honest kinda place, great in the summer and dog friendly too

Griff

• Like 6

11 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Broadside Chalet Park for a bite to eat and a few Guinness's.

We have started using the Broadside Chalet Park.  Its' very handy being only over t road, no need to book a table, clean no frills honest kinda place, great in the summer and dog friendly too

Griff

Sounds good, I'll have a look at that next time I'm in Stalham. I don't suppose the prices are no frills though?

• Like 1

We departed Womack at 19:00 hrs last night as we fancied getting nearer to Stalham as I’m working today , but made sure we paid our £5 for the days mooring for such a lovely spot .

Lovely cruise up the Ant , we could have moored up at Ludham Bridge or How Hill as there were many empty moorings , Gays sadly was full as unsurprisingly was Neateshead staithe but we checked just in case , so carried on to Richardsons basin on the grass ready for an early departure this morning .

It is such a pleasure to be able to gently pootle early evening in daylight roof open and enjoying the balmy weather once again .

July will see us afloat for three weeks and we will be heading South for a few days to the “wild untamed side” 

• Like 8

Womack is a very nice to go  and the Mooring  Fee is very reasonable to £5 per night the only trouble is Water very slow filling the Boat tank up. As there is very good pub up the road Ten minutes walk? In Ludham village thier  is very good Butcher Shop for your requirements better then pre pack from Tesco's or a convenient store.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Back on board this evening , possibly until Thursday , although Katie has to return Monday , if weather is poor I may join her as we are back out on the 22nd for a couple of weeks and heading over to the mystical southern waters 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

We arrived at Stalham 18:30 Friday , after loading the boat and readying her for travel we decided to stay put and leave early in the morning , that decided we drove in the car to Catfield for dinner and a couple of beers later on we moved on to Broads Side Chalet Park where they were showing the France / Portugal game .

Saturday morning we set off at 08:00 destination Ranworth , gentle slow cruise in spitting rain following Blue Mist passed Springers Retreat moored up in Lunas nook waved at Kate , Blue Mist moored up at How’s we waved but I don’t think we were noticed as they were busy .

Rain continued to spit all the way to Ranworth where we slotted into the taxi rank , after a few minutes of playing ball with Bramble the skies decided to deposit a deluge of rain on us which continued intermittently all afternoon . Frustratingly there was zero mobile coverage all day .

17:00 we were in the , absolutely packed, Maltsters watching the football , after the England game we dined and watched the Netherlands/Turkey match before retiring for the evening . 

Awake this morning at 06:30 , blue skies and phone signal resumed , looking forward to whatever today brings , not sure where we are heading yet , I’m sure Katie will advise me later 

• Like 12

Left Ranworth at 10:00 and decided to see if we could slot on to Horning staithe , passed RamblingRosie as we cruised past the Ferry quick chat whilst crossing mid river , sadly staithe full (as Neil had indicated) about turn and on to Womack , entered Womack dyke at 11:45 rivers fairly busy for a change , cruised past Springers Retreat moored up at the free 24 hr moorings , and continued on to the staithe ; miraculously there was a space available , moored up and released the Bramble beast for yet another game of ball.

Had a quick catch up with Katie , Finlay and crew before they walked up to the Kings for their lunch then a chin wag with “Norfolk Lady” , now sitting on board having ground the coffee and brewed it , weather so far dry with the sun occasionally peeking through the cloud cover but does look like we a going to get rain sooner rather than later.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

weather so far dry with the sun occasionally peeking through the cloud cover but does look like we a going to get rain sooner rather than later.

Thunderstorm, hail, lightning… and torrential rain per chance?

• Like 1

Left a sunny Womack staithe at 09:20 having passed our goodbyes on to “Mrs Mouldy” , a quick chat to Kate on Springers Retreat as we passed her on Womack Dyke and off we set for a breakfast at Dunes Cafe , managed to get on to the first of the Acle BA moorings walked Bramble and grabbed a table by the river at Dunes , 2 full English breakfasts and two flat white coffees £25 which I felt reasonable for the location , after breakfast we had a very slow meander to “home”  up the Ant , Ludham bridge marker heading upstream was reading 7ft7” so dropped the mast and under we went , two hire boats both with upper helms were sadly unable to pass under . The downstream marker board was reading just shy of 8ft when we passed it , IMO the actual clearance was just over 8ft as I had a good 4 inches clearance above my front screens .

Motored on to Sutton boatyard to fill up as we were down to 1/4 of a tank , £120 poorer we moored up on the footpath moorings for lunch aboard .

Spend a leisurely couple of hours , took Bramble for a walk and the obligatory game of ball. And departed for the wet shed .

Ive decided to be a dutiful husband so instead of dropping Katie at the station I’m going home also , but will be back for 14days on the 22nd.

• Like 7

I saw Pipedreams and Norfolk Lady on Womak staithe last night. I was going to say hello but you must have been in the pub. Inga and I are having a few days non boating break. Maybe next time. Enjoy your holiday. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Troyboy said:

I saw Pipedreams and Norfolk Lady on Womak staithe last night. I was going to say hello but you must have been in the pub. Inga and I are having a few days non boating break. Maybe next time. Enjoy your holiday. 

We (Mouldy and Mrs Mouldy - Malcolm and Debbie) were in the pub, enjoying a carvery with Tempest and Mrs Tempest (Warren and Julie) who were in Horning for the weekend.  As ever, the carvery was excellent and highly recommended to anyone who hasn’t yet tried it!

Sorry to have missed you.  We seem to have met more people this week so far, than we usually do when we are ‘up north.’