Lads Week 2021

grendel

6 minutes ago, Islander said:

Should you ever decide to return to Thorpe I would recommend the River Garden or The Town House.

Depends on whether they're able to leave! It could be The River Garden tonight and The Town House tomorrow.

I wonder if there are any hangovers this morning?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Islander said:

I wonder how much their takings were up last night. No doubt Green King policy. Should you ever decide to return to Thorpe I would recommend the River Garden or The Town House. 

That is a shame, as when we were there in 2017 we were made very welcome to moor overnight and had a great evening, which Old Wussername may (or may not) remember!   :default_drinks:

At that time it was new management and a very welcome change of policy. It seems management has now changed and policy has also reverted.  A great pity, for what was once one of the most popular riverside pubs on the Broads.

100_3499.thumb.jpg.ecda5d0d5f1b699d31b4321c3c106303.jpg

• Like 2

Well after waiting for the engineer yet again to deliver 4 new gas bottles (ours ran out during Cooking for breakfast,) the spare was empty as was jewel 3's, theirs was nearly empty, so we made the call. Gas replenished we set off for Norwich under a revised nav plan, we will stay here for a few hours, then Head back down the yare.

• Like 1

So  when we left with Jewel 3 behind us  it turned out the dinghy that hadn't been secured for cruising when it was moved this morning, I had looked, checked it was there, then coiled the mooring rope, when I turned back to set the the dinghy on its bridle it was gone, jewel 3 were on the case and already manovering for recovery, we were half way under the bridge at this point.

• Haha 2

To be honest you can expect things to go wrong at this end of the season, a d we have had no quibbles, an e finder has come out every time, and managed to sort the issues, in .y mind it's how you deal with the issues that make for good customer service.

I agree with Vaughan! Also I agree that some of the faults/repairs could not be anticipated but empty gas bottles is a serious lapse. I assume the turnaround engineer should have a check list to tick off!  Perhaps its so fundamental that 'the lads' didn't also check it before taking over the boat?

• Like 2

Reading about all the problems you guys have experienced I'm thinking that HW are going to be extremely busy this winter making sure that their boats are fit for purpose next season! :default_icon_e_surprised:  Having empty gas bottles is a pain, I wonder how they check prior to a boat going out?  I know from experience that the only sure fire way is to weigh them, even if there are gauges fitted they can give an unreliable reading!

Chris

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CeePee1952 said:

Reading about all the problems you guys have experienced I'm thinking that HW are going to be extremely busy this winter making sure that their boats are fit for purpose next season! :default_icon_e_surprised:  Having empty gas bottles is a pain, I wonder how they check prior to a boat going out?  I know from experience that the only sure fire way is to weigh them, even if there are gauges fitted they can give an unreliable reading!

Chris

With two bottles on board one should always be full, the flo gas ones I get have a plastic seal so instantly recognisable as being full.  

• Like 2

Well arrived at rockland, I struggled to get WiFi here last time I was here, so in the interval I purchased a Huawei mobile WiFi with antenna sockets, and a pair of antenna, these are now deployed on the roof of Jewel 2, and I have a connection.

Hi I've just checked my Two Has Bottles One is Empty so the other one is all right to Cooking my  steak Ale Pie in the Oven plus other things on the Hob . When back to the Yard on Saturday I will let them know to replace one as to some Hiring will be able to Cooked make Tea or Coffee with a wee bit of Lamb's Rum for good measure.

1 hour ago, grendel said:

Well arrived at rockland, I struggled to get WiFi here last time I was here, so in the interval I purchased a Huawei mobile WiFi with antenna sockets, and a pair of antenna, these are now deployed on the roof of Jewel 2, and I have a connection.

Out of interest, which antennas did you get, and would you recommend them ?

• Love 1