Autumn Winter Opening Hours

SwanR

I guess some businesses will now be changing their hours for the quieter period ahead. 

For those not on Facebook, the Maltsters have posted as below. 

We’ve had an amazing summer season 🙏😊. Now, as we head into autumn, we’re lighting a warming log fire 🔥 in our bar area and moving to our autumn and winter opening hours:

Sunday: 11:00-23:00
Monday: Closed
Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday: 11:00-23:00
Thursday: 11:00-23:00
Friday: 11:00-23:00
Saturday: 11:00-23:00

Our kitchen food service times will remain as 12:00-15:00 and 18:00-21:00.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, YnysMon said:

We should be on the Broads from 30th October and, as we have a whole fortnight this time, we plan to come up to the northern broads (high river levels permitting). That's why I've been asking so many questions!

Read today Yarmouth rail bridge is 4ft 6inch.  Not much getting under there.  

8 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Does the shop at Ranworth stay open over winter? I thought I'd read somewhere that it closed during the winter months in previous years.

Usually closes after half term. We've often been in there in the week or two coming up to that time and there's been very little on the shelves while it runs down.

Thanks for the replies. Totally understand why such a business would close over winter. My father in law had a small boatyard in Anglesey that was very reliant on seasonal trade, so they only opened between Easter and October too. Quite a lot of pressure to take in sufficient income over those months to sustain you over the whole year. 

4 hours ago, BrundallNavy said:

Read today Yarmouth rail bridge is 4ft 6inch.  Not much getting under there.  

Eek! We are hoping to transit south to north and vv during the first couple of weeks on November. Hope the river levels settle down!

Someone I know was talking to the chap running the Hungry Otter at Salhouse Broad today. Confirmed that they are closing after this week. Hoping to be back open around April / Eastertime next year. 

Also reported that their purchases were highly delicious! 😂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If anyone is visiting Wroxham anytime soon, Riverside Tea Room and Coffee Shop have posted the following on Facebook. I highly recommend them so hope they come through the winter ok and we'll definitely be back there when they return to Sunday opening. 

Please note that from Thursday 16th December we will be taking a short break.

It was always our intention to remain open over the winter. Unfortunately though, we are averaging around 4 customers per day and it simply isn’t viable.

With the increase in new Covid restrictions we really can’t imagine that January will be any better.

We aim to reopen in February so look forward to seeing you all then.

Thank you for your support and we wish you a very happy Christmas and new year.

• 1 month later...