Quiet (at The Moment)

NorfolkNog

May make your acquaintance sometime this week NorfolkNog. If you pass a bright orange ex Richardson’s horizon 35 give me a toot. What boat are you on?

The storm seems to have disappeared as quickly as it came. I haven’t seen tomorrow’s forecast yet. Hope you are nice and snug. Kate

• Like 1

Last night  we went to the Whitehorse Chegrave. Dreadful weather on the way.Anyway Christmas  Dinner,as usual very good.Last week we went to the new Inn.I asked about  moorings,some confusion. One barman said in the season they will charge for moorings.,but that won't be taken off your bill of you have  a meal.I think that's wrong if true,think they will lose some custom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Last night  we went to the Whitehorse Chegrave. Dreadful weather on the way.Anyway Christmas  Dinner,as usual very good.Last week we went to the new Inn.I asked about  moorings,some confusion. One barman said in the season they will charge for moorings.,but that won't be taken off your bill of you have  a meal.I think that's wrong if true,think they will lose some custom.

Plenty of room on the public moorings Ian! 

On the whole I think the pub has improved. 

3 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Plenty of room on the public moorings Ian! 

On the whole I think the pub has improved. 

I was asking about moorings  next year.If I have to pay for moorings which is not taken off the bill.I wouldn't moor there.Over the years I've spent lots of money at the New Inn.So they may lose my Custom! To be honest  the food last week there was average.No way near the standard of a few years back.

• Like 3

In my opinion as a Chef and a customer. The menu seemed to have,many dishes with Avocado, which is not the best ingredient,it has its place but needs a balance. Marina had bangers and mash,I had chicken  burger which as I said was average. Okay but nothing  to write home about.Compared with the chicken burger we had at the Falgate, Potter which was outstanding. The menu at New Inn is I think a chain one something I not keen on.That said the barman who served us was excellent. A few twigs is all that needed.I may email  re mooring charges  see what they say.

• Like 1

On 07/12/2021 at 12:55, NorfolkNog said:

Wind picking up already MM 

Did consider Salhouse but not sure about mooring and yes, long way to pub and probably V muddy. Near high tide here and still below mooring. Springs set and head to wind so should be fine. Time for the pub. 

Salhouse should be OK and the walk to the Fur and Feather is about a mile but on the road so not muddy and all downhill on the way back. The big plus of course, is that you can get a pint of 'Norfolk Nog'!!

• Like 1