Quiet (at The Moment)

NorfolkNog

4 hours ago, PaulN said:

Salhouse should be OK and the walk to the Fur and Feather is about a mile but on the road so not muddy and all downhill on the way back. The big plus of course, is that you can get a pint of 'Norfolk Nog'!!

Might have to visit Salhouse a bit later. Done it many times in winter so not too bad. 

In think Norfolk Nog is the best thing they do :default_beerchug:

It looks lovely, sadly I don't think I could do the cold morning's, to many years sleeping in the open in sub zero temperatures during my army days. The last exercise I took part in was in northern Canada, don't think I've ever been so cold. Took me days to warm up, Put me off snow and ice for the rest of my life. That said your pictures do make it look very appealing. Are you out for 1 or 2 weeks ?? 

• Like 1

If you get a boat with shore power you can be nice and toasty all night. Graham and I started taking a small dimplex electric radiator with us on our last three hires. Now that we have a share in Moonlight Shadow we have two. It costs us about £1.70 to run both overnight, depending on how cold it is and whether we keep it on low or ramp it up to max. We’ve taken to using it on the inverter instead of using the Webasco when we are cruising along on overcast days. No heating needed on sunny days. :default_biggrin:

I can’t recall when I was last cold on a boat, and that includes a couple of November trips, couple of February ones and March. 

• Like 4

No shore power on this one Helen and dragging  coils of cable and oil filled radiators on the train not very practical! :default_rofl:

But the heating is working fine and fires up every time without starting the engine. The double duvets keep us warm at night and just whack the heating on when we wake up. Job's a good 'un :default_eusa_dance:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Tucked up at Swancraft ATM . . . . .

Saw you arrive just as we cast off for The Ferry House.  We’d have stayed for a chat, but were running out of daylight.  I know we have nav lights, but wanted to get safely moored before darkness fell.  With the closure of The Yare, I take it that a train ride beckons to partake of tonight’s beverage intake.

Have a good evening!!

• Like 1