Quiet (at The Moment)

NorfolkNog

5 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Used  to very much like going to the ship.Not be there in the last 3 odd years.

Always been a good pub in its own way. Love sitting in the garden in summer watching the boats and trains. Beer is a bit up and down but usually OK 

Always worth a visit I think. 

Got a nice carry out too! :default_beerchug:

DSC_1182.JPG

For me it's the food as well as the beer.So the last 3 odd years the food was nothing  to write home about.I like good pub food,such as The ferry house Surlingham, and in the past The Ship Reedham.Then first rate pubs,Both Whitehorse pubs Chegrave and Neatishead, Lion.To name but a few.Quite like the Falgate, Potter.

• Like 2

When we vivited in summer Ian the food was 10x better than it had been for the last few years, Maria and Richard only took it on this year, up till then it was one of the b&b owners that had the lease and had various people managing it with a poor choice (or lack of control of) of staff, young girls too glued to phones to serve and ready to close at 10.00, it was such a change in summer with no sight of a phone behind the bar at all and good service, it is well worth another go.

We did have to make a point of congratulating Maria on the phones thing as it stood out that much to us.

Reedham had got so disappointing up till then with the nelson shutting the kitchen at random and very mediocre grub coming out when it was open and the ferry shutting middle of a weekend afternoon (even bank holidays) and early in the evenings, it's worth stopping again now.

Unfortunately the bar blocking thing is often the sign of a pub used by locals not just visitors who tend to take a table, they usually part to the phrase "room for a little un" (if that don't work mutter about failing a lateral flow test again...) and after the first round I found each time I got near the bar the nod of "same again?" came fairly quickly from the staff.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

We max out on Norfolk time Malcolm! :default_beerchug:

On the train to North Walsham, then bus to Stalham 

Mrs Nog will have her tat.... 

If it is that purveyor of tat known as "The Original Factory Shop" that you are after, then you could stay on the train as there is now one in Cromer. Plus many more hostelries and eateries.

• Like 1

Thanks CC :default_beerchug:

Thought that might be the case. Shame though. Great shame about the Castle too :default_crying1animated:

Went in Hotel Wroxham, eye watering prices so adjourned to the Kings Head. Mrs Nog was ecstatic - double up for 1.50 :default_drink_2:

Staff friendy and helpful and didn't boot us out. 

Only downside is its all Greene King 

Guinness was OK though 

Guess where now :default_beerchug:

DSC_1209.JPG

• Like 3