Quiet (at The Moment)

NorfolkNog

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

What time was not too early?

We left around 11 although they were pretty much ready to close. 

Unheard of for the New Inn

Mrs Nog and I are steady drinkers and don't sit nursing a shandy and half of coke all night which is why I get a bit cross when we get booted out just because someone wants to go home. We never drink on the boat and do our best to support pubs and the local economy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

No fear of anything going out of date on this house.  As a late Aunt said to me many many years ago,  well its not for looking at. 

She use to scare me to death as a child. At the time she was referring to the salad.  In our house you at the pain of death helped yourself to anything. 

We are all dead a long time, so enjoy your holiday.  You certainly make the most of it. 

• Thanks 1

my late departed grandmother had the habit of when guests where there, going into the garden and digging until she found a buried tin box, whereupon she would unearth said box and remove a tin can, usually of some meat variety, maybe bully beef or similar, that had been purchased many years before (rumour had it that some was pre-war) and buried for Ron - later Ron.

mind you that was back in the days where tinned food didnt have use by dates on the label (well most of these didnt have labels either)

if a tin was puffed up and distended, it was usually lobbed to the bottom of the garden to see if it would explode.

suffice to say we managed to avoid food poisoning somehow.

when tidying her house after she died, we did find a mummified marrow behind the cooker, placed there to dry out, and forgotten.

• Like 1

We are far too fussy now by far.    I never go by dates but the look and sniff test.    We have these uber efficient fridges and freezers.    They didn't need vaccinations years ago they relied on germs keeping you healthy.    In all serious though they rarely lived very long.     My Nan at 70 was really a little old lady.   Well if someone called me that today I would dock them one.

Getting back to Howard's post.    How long are you here for Howard?

27 minutes ago, Hylander said:

In all serious though they rarely lived very long.     My Nan at 70 was really a little old lady.   Well if someone called me that today I would dock them one.

Getting back to Howard's post.    How long are you here for Howard?

Only the good Lord knows! :default_smiley-angelic002:

• Haha 1