Peters Joy Out And About This Week.

petersjoy

Back again, as said on my own, just had two days servicing an cleaning inside the boat, a quick cruise about this morning to make sure all ok. had a run up past the old bridge structure outside Beccles turned round and up to the Locks, over 9' under Beccles old bridge when i went through. Just a few photos.

A new pontoon at the Locks for the paddleboarders.

It will need a high tide to get that boat back in.

GEDC0150.JPG

GEDC0151.JPG

GEDC0154.JPG

GEDC0158.JPG

• Like 4

I'd like to see how it was launched, "it's on a slipway on a trailer but we'd rather lift it full height with the crane and just drop it sir".

I seem to recall some of those type lifeboats going up for auction a few years back with forum thread about how good or bad a boat they'd make. (possibly not this forum, maybe ybw)

The paddle boarder’s pontoon at the Locks is a great idea

We visited last summer and it was chaos there as paddle boarders and canoeists struggled to get to land or back aboard due to the high quay heading

The majority of paddle boarders had travelled from Geldeston Village, whilst the canoeists where in a group from Beccles and we assisted quite a few of them who were really struggling. 

It may also help some to lift their boats or boards out of the water as they take a break to make room for more visitors

• Like 4