Old Photos Of Sandersons Hire Boats

Roy

The crane driver knew what he was doing, as well.

The slings have spreader bars and they are tied together from stem to stern, so the boat can't slip out of them.  I would guess the boat had just been lifted out of the water, not being launched.

• Like 2

Yes sorry I should have put some text with the pictures thanks for making them the right way round DAVIDH . 

The boat being loaded on to the trailer was off to Hong Kong it was a private order for a dignitary in Hong Kong. 

The other picture was from 1938 showing the lady class boats at their hire base 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's Lady Brenda in 1994 at St Olaves (possibly at Albatross Marine's yard). According to Craig's lists Lady Brenda was the first one built in 1937 and was 'lost' or broken up by 1995.

Coincidentally a chap I worked with had a week's holiday in the 60s on Lady Brenda.

0781a Lady Brenda St Olaves.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, webntweb said:

Here's Lady Brenda in 1994 at St Olaves (possibly at Albatross Marine's yard). According to Craig's lists Lady Brenda was the first one built in 1937 and was 'lost' or broken up by 1995.

Coincidentally a chap I worked with had a week's holiday in the 60s on Lady Brenda.

Had she been under the water by looking at the photo the pipe hanging from the back 

Sorry but I can't remember his surname, I'm sure bill who has/had a yard in Loddon had a sandling in his shed he was doing up. This is going back a few years now. We don't hear much from him nowadays. I wonder if its still there. Quite qute little boats really. Always looked smart out on the rivers with there dark blue hulls. Such a shame another old broads yard/name has gone. 

On 12/03/2022 at 21:49, webntweb said:

100% former Albatross Marine / South River Marine when the photo was taken. Still SRM today.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, andyg said:

Sorry but I can't remember his surname, I'm sure bill who has/had a yard in Loddon had a sandling in his shed he was doing up

I think his name was Bill Maxted. Here's an image of the finished article. Sadly, it never seemed to change hands and just slowly degenerated. I think it's out of the water on the adjacent land now. 

Also, another image of Sandersons one Saturday morning.

BILD0069.JPG

BILD0019.JPG

• Like 1