Bank Holiday Weekend

Phoenix

Had a very nice weekend out cruising the Northern broads, pretty much covered all of them over 3 days, stopped at Horning little broad on Friday night and decided to mudweight for the the night, first time we have done that for an overnighter so was a little nervous that we would wake up somewhere else, but all was well, we shared the whole broad with only 3 other boats, it was idealic, considering how busy the like of Salhouse was.

Saturday was interesting, with the handover day comes many boaters with no clue of what to do, not their fault as it has to be the boat yards responsibility to give more instruction, we helped a number of obvious first time boaters to moor at How Hill, and after imparting advice on what and how to do things, i believe they may enjoy their breaks just a little bit moor (I hope ). Witnessed many crashes, just glad i wasnt in them lol.

Found a lovely wild mooring near Irstead for Saturday night, so peaceful watching the sun set. Sunday was extremely busy on the water, but with copious amounts of waving at fellow boaters it was still very enjoyable, with the sun blazing, although windy, we even braved the canopy down. 

Looking forward to the next long weekend and even more sunshine :-)

20220415_140105.jpg

20220415_171714.jpg

IMG-20211010-WA0003_resized_resized.jpg

• Like 9

Mountain climbing, hill climbing, swimming , horse riding, in fact all recreational activies have bumps and nudges. Boating is no different

Knitting is a passive occupation, so is embroidery, strongly advised for those of a nervous disposition.

Andrew

• Like 1

I don’t think you’ve done that much sewing Andrew. This morning I managed to break two needles on my overlocker machine. No stress? I’m trying to make a sweatshirt for my cousin, so doubly stressful trying to complete a garment not for me. I still haven’t worked out what’s causing the problem either. Oh err! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wussername said:

Nudges are frequent. Crashes are very few. May I ask what is rhe difference between a nudge and a crash?

Andrew

"Nudge" implies slow speed touch and unlikely to cause damage. "Crash" has more serious implications and I think it's unlikely there were "many crashes" in this instance.

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

I don’t think you’ve done that much sewing Andrew. This morning I managed to break two needles on my overlocker machine. No stress? I’m trying to make a sweatshirt for my cousin, so doubly stressful trying to complete a garment not for me. I still haven’t worked out what’s causing the problem either. Oh err! 

Fisherman used to knit. Long hours at sea. The Lowestoft deep sea trawler men used to knit. My grandfather was a trawler skipper. He showed me how to knit but not very well.

• Like 1

Walk around any hire yard the 1st week of November and your see plenty of evidence of knocks bumps and nudges. Thankfully crashes are few and far between. The worse one I remember was clives boat bolero that had any argument with the quay heading at Yarmouth ouch !! But a bit of filler and gel coat sorted that out 😉 boats bumping into each other is just part and parcel of a busy day on the norfolk broads.pot hole rescue team on Romney marshes lol...bit like the parachute display team they have on the moon no doubt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Romney Marsh used to have a potholing club. Mostly potholed in pubs, but none had underground cellars ?

Also the Romney Marsh Mountain Rescue Team.  Set up by my mate Mike.  Now departed unfortunately when

he fell down the cellar steps at his newly aquied pub in Scotland a few years ago