Phone Signal Horning

Hylander

EE / BT mobile seems to be fairly good in most parts of Horning now. Also if your cottage comes with WiFi, most modern mobiles now support WiFi calling where it will switch to using the WiFi to make and receive phone calls. (providing you have this turned on in the phone settings) Obviously will only work within the cottage, but you can also use WiFi calling if connected to a pub WiFi if in a poor phone signal area.

Three or 4 years ago three repeater transmitters were put in Horning.

One I believe is up near the recreation ground, One I know is on the back of the sailing club control box, can't remember where they put the third.

Thank you for your replies.    Years ago we stayed at Noosa Sound and Mum was alive then and not that good and to get a phone signal you had to go outside up the road and try up there.   I will have a look as suggested to see if my settings does allow wifi to make calls.   Thank you for the suggestion.

I have just had a look at my settings and even though not one of your all signing and dancing type posh phones it does have wifi calls which you can switch on and off when needed.  Good to know and thank  you.

Whilst looking I was wondering if we had been invaded ,  so many jets going over head here near to Beccles.   Hope its just Uncle Sam playing about.

I ended up staying a couple nof nights in Horning at The Ferry Marina end, and on both occasions i was able to call someone without problems using O2. Also, with wifi in your cottage, if you have WhatsApp, you can just use that to make the call.

12 hours ago, SteveO said:

We moor in Horning and I get a decent signal with Vodafone.  Not quite as good on Ranworth or Salhouse though. 

I find Ranworth is pretty bad for any kind of signal be it tv or a mobile device. Infact I don't even bother with the TV if overnighting there. 

1 minute ago, Bikertov said:

How strange that a mobile phone signal can be worse at low tide - Wonder why that is ?

It's not that the signal is worse it's that the boat will be lower in relation to the land meaning the signal can 'go over your head'.

• Thanks 1

We moored for many years at Brundall Bay  and never once suffered loss of phone signal, ( Vodophone) although the wifi was diaboilical. We now moor at NBS  which is a few hundred yards as the crow flies from our old mooring and the signal is now you get it and now you don't mostly - don't.  Some friends who had the adjacent mooring to ours at Brundall Bay thought that as the berth next to them had become vacant and with their newly acquired boat having the helm on the opposite side to their previous one it may be a good idea to move next door - obviously a move of just a few feet but having done so found that they were completely unable to get a t.v. signal. our wifi at NBS is superb. it's swings and roundabouts it seems to me.

Carole