Lathams Potter.

Chelsea14Ian

I can just see the advertising slogan now!

Mums go to Iceland, Boaters go to Tatland!

Given the size of the freezer compartment on most boats I should be able to fill mine for 99pย :default_rofl:

I can just hear the conversation now,

Mum "What do you want kids. Chicken nuggets or chips?"

Kids "Both"

Mum "Well you can't, I've only space in the freezer for one or the other"ย :default_rofl:

I'm not sure the investment in new freezers and the expansion of the frozen food section is really aimed at or much use to boaters.

Might need to take a chainsaw to the pizzas to fit them in my boat freezer compartment!ย 

297645765_2148288308675337_4935539512650190139_n.thumb.jpg.504f06351985257356a24ff2d29e361b.jpg297710706_2148288375341997_5174979285059520723_n.thumb.jpg.8ab5415a7ca1708be03ae5a1b74fb18b.jpg298054997_2148288432008658_1767408732275654571_n.thumb.jpg.dc3bd8a413f1c6c8280ec3f45044367d.jpg

ย 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I loveย  it when peopleย  are negative.Really come on it gives choice to boaters and locals.Yes boats don't have freezers,but has improvedย  options. It's a standingย  ย yoke Lathams is tatland.Which I think is a bit unfair.

Not if you remember it before it became just another branch of QD

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I loveย  it when peopleย  are negative.Really come on it gives choice to boaters and locals.Yes boats don't have freezers,but has improvedย  options. It's a standingย  ย yoke Lathams is tatland.Which I think is a bit unfair.

I wasn't being negative, just realistic! I also added the pictures to help people out, so no negativity here thank you!

All said tounge in cheek from me, not being negative at all. Maybe some ppl need to go to lathams and see if they sell sense of humours. Personally not my thing but I enjoy the coffee shop and the bakery, the rest of it, no thanks. But if its good for both the boating and local community I'm all for it. ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RumPunch said:

Not if you remember it before it became just another branch of QD

I remember it and how it used to be in the late 60โ€™s and early 70โ€™s. ย Itโ€™s certainly a very different place now.

Just think, another couple of weeks and all the Christmas tat will be there. ย Somewhere else off my list of places to visit in September! ๐Ÿ˜ก

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

What was it like, Malcolm?

I vividly remember them having loads of china and ceramics. ย My mum managed to buy a replacement teapot to complete her Royal Doulton tea set that sheโ€™d been given as a wedding present, but broken the original one. ย A few years later, I bought a Portmeirion coffee set from there. ย It was a โ€˜secondโ€™ but good enough and a massive saving on a proper one. ย I donโ€™t remember it being as full of tat as it is now, though.

Up until a few years ago, there was more clothing there, I think. ย Certainly, the range of available products has increased massively, as has the proportion of tat, but go to any QD branch now and youโ€™ll find fairly much what you find at Lathams, but without the feel of Potter (or the bakery.)

Thatโ€™s my take on Lathams. ย I didnโ€™t visit The Broads from 1975 until 1987 and it changed dramatically in that time.

• Like 2