Overnight Mooring At Private Boat Yards

Dave Beard

1 minute ago, rightsaidfred said:

They don't need to, they are providing a service which is of no benefit and could be an inconvenience to themselves, as a plus I think that includes electric and they have removed the hourly charge for daytime mooring.

Fred

I didnt even realise there was an hourly charge for day time mooring.     We have moored there.   Dumped our trash and even popped to Lathams and no one has ever said anything about paying.    We were on a hire boat.

I always moor in woods yard when visiting potter by boat. I don't think I've ever seen a privately owned boat moored on A section overnight. You see the odd one popping in for pump outs,water. So not very common at all. 20 quid a night with the facilities they offer seems reasonable now days unfortunately. But no one is forced to accept their fees. 

• Like 2

I've always moored in Woods too, I love it there, short walk to just about everything you would need on a boating holiday. Cafe x 2, a pub and the tat shop, I know it's not everyone's taste but I love walking round that place to buy things I never knew I needed or wanted only to end up in the garage to be thrown out when I have a clear out :default_biggrin: 

I would pay to moor if I had to though, I couldn't visit the Broads and not go to Potter x

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I've always moored in Woods too, I love it there, short walk to just about everything you would need on a boating holiday. Cafe x 2, a pub and the tat shop, I know it's not everyone's taste but I love walking round that place to buy things I never knew I needed or wanted only to end up in the garage to be thrown out when I have a clear out :default_biggrin: 

I would pay to moor if I had to though, I couldn't visit the Broads and not go to Potter x

:default_trophy:  Been there, done that, many times.  Just a habit we got into!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I've always moored in Woods too, I love it there, short walk to just about everything you would need on a boating holiday. Cafe x 2, a pub and the tat shop

Normally I find myself agreeing with you wholeheartedly, but on this occasion I have to remonstrate with you! Unusually you have got the important facts wrong! :default_eusa_naughty: There are two pubs in Potter. :default_icon_e_biggrin: :409_wine_glass::default_drinks:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Now living close by we pop into Potter, more or less once a week.Yesterday lunch at BS.

I envy you and Marina Ian, I do love it there :default_icon_luvlove:

1 minute ago, Meantime said:

Normally I find myself agreeing with you wholeheartedly, but on this occasion I have to remonstrate with you! Unusually you have got the important facts wrong! :default_eusa_naughty: There are two pubs in Potter. :default_icon_e_biggrin: :409_wine_glass::default_drinks:

Yeah but you have to walk to the other one, I only do ten mins walk at any one time 

:186_high_heel::default_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I envy you and Marina Ian, I do love it there :default_icon_luvlove:

Yeah but you have to walk to the other one, I only do ten mins walk at any one time 

:186_high_heel::default_biggrin:

But the best things in life are worth the extra effort. Just imagine that cow chasing you and you'll get there in 5 minutes. Joking aside The Falgate is worth making the effort and you could always reward yourself with an extra glass of :409_wine_glass:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, SteveO said:

We paid to moor at Brooms yard at Brundal.  Mooring for 2 nights, which included unlimited access to free hot showers. 50p  a night. Mind you, it was 1991. How things have improved since then!

The thing that bothers me more than the mooring fees is that when I read it at first I'm thinking "1991! That's just a couple of years ago!" 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3