River Yare Closed At Haven Bridge

7 hours ago, Polly said:

It’s the traffic islands, Helen, they are confusing. 🤪

I was once told how you could tell the difference between Milton Keynes and Telford. In Milton Keynes, the road system is so confusing you can never find your way out. In Telford they are so confusing you can't find your way in in the first place.

1 hour ago, RS2021 said:

I was once told how you could tell the difference between Milton Keynes and Telford. In Milton Keynes, the road system is so confusing you can never find your way out. In Telford they are so confusing you can't find your way in in the first place.

I moved from London to Milton Keynes in 1977 and seen the area grow dramatically over the intervening years.  Obviously, I don’t live there now, but still visit frequently as our son and his family still live there.  The road system is a simple grid.  The major grid roads are numbered (vertical) V1 to V however many there are now, which run north to south and (horizontal ) H1 to H however many there are now, which run east to west.

It’s a logical system and I think works really well, although it does clog up at peak times now.  The population has now exceeded the designated number it was designed for at its inception, but it’s incredibly popular, has just about every amenity you could wish for in an urban environment and has the benefit of great road links in every direction.  That said, I wouldn’t move back there now, my home is definitely in Norfolk.

Frankly, if you can’t cope with Milton Keynes, I don’t know how you’d cope in Birmingham!

In my early days cooking.We use to make icecream 💣 bombs.The mould was made of copper and tin.Slowly build two or three coloured layers.Leave overnight in the freezer. Turn out walfers on the base.Very nice.

So I've stuck to the thread.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

In my early days cooking.We use to make icecream 💣 bombs.The mould was made of copper and tin.Slowly build two or three coloured layers.Leave overnight in the freezer. Turn out walfers on the base.Very nice.

So I've stuck to the thread.

This long page thing just happened to me when I posted using my phone. It was ok until I added an emoji, then the page became long and the emoji appeared as in your post - OBJ. I got rid of it by tapping at the bottom of the post then deleting the extra lines one by one, and the emoji. Bit of a faff but it worked for me.

• Thanks 1