Pubs/restaurants Down South That Come Recommended.....

I find Indian Restaurants difficult to recommend as sometimes a change of Chef can make a huge difference.

The only one I had found totally reliable is Labone at Oulton Broad.

Used to be a big fan of Dilraj at Loddon until a change of Chef.

Likewise Oasis at Stalham was pretty reliable until a recent Chef change 😣

19 hours ago, FlyingFortress said:

Alternatively there's The Lido Moorings at Beccles but you have to be able to pass under the Old Bridge.

Not any more, unfortunately and I used to like that mooring. It's now reserved for the "Big Dog Ferry" and the Canoe Man business. There are the BA moorings upstream of the Yacht Station but they're few and the traffic noise from the dual carriageway is off-putting. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

If your at Oulton Broad a visit to Lowestoft Definitely go to The Iconic Restaurant... Absolutely fabulous.. Great food great value and The gents toilets is off a different planet 🤣🤣🤣👍👍 Even FF enjoys The Iconic 

IMG_8616.mov

Just don't go to the Gents if you have any issues......errrr humph.....down below 🫣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

If your at Oulton Broad a visit to Lowestoft Definitely go to The Iconic Restaurant... Absolutely fabulous.. Great food great value and The gents toilets is off a different planet 🤣🤣🤣👍👍 Even FF enjoys The Iconic 

IMG_8616.mov

Were they recycled from a ladies hairdressing salon? :default_coat:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, FlyingFortress said:

I find Indian Restaurants difficult to recommend as sometimes a change of Chef can make a huge difference.

The only one I had found totally reliable is Labone at Oulton Broad.

Used to be a big fan of Dilraj at Loddon until a change of Chef.

Likewise Oasis at Stalham was pretty reliable until a recent Chef change 😣

At last…a restaurant we can agree on! We though our takeaway was brill. 

Just now, Mouldy said:

Could be worse!

4D2BC993-6EC2-4784-A252-FB9AD7EA2B16.jpeg

Perhaps you could enlighten us ladies where that was.

I’m starting to think ladies loos are a lot more…umm (boring, pedestrian, unimaginativ…what’s the appropriate term?).

2 minutes ago, Gracie said:

The garden and views are amazing too and the loos are quite normal :facepalm: x

Have you been in the Gents then? :default_icon_redface::default_rofl:

If you like The Bell, I understand that The Priory just up the road is now owned and run by the same people.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Meantime said:

Have you been in the Gents then? :default_icon_redface::default_rofl:

If you like The Bell, I understand that The Priory just up the road is now owned and run by the same people.

Is it The Bell that's changed hands or The Priory?

Lengthy first post warning !

We’d like to begin by thanking both Steven & Jeanette Teasdale for being incredibly helpful over the past few months, assisting us in our works to continue the great venue which is Priory Farm Restaurant.

Whilst we will have more information in the coming days, the most important thing we have to share is, Priory Farm Restaurant is Re-opening ! 

Our opening day will be Friday 16th September, just over 2 weeks from today. 

We expect high levels of demand so booking will be highly recommended, which can only be done from our website at present. (Link at end of post)

We are accepting bookings up to 4 online currently, with parties of 5 or larger required to email us at priorystolaves@hotmail.com.

Taking over the phone line has proven incredibly difficult so hopefully we will be able to answer your calls soon ! 

Featuring newly renovated bathrooms throughout, updated entrance, bar and undercroft areas, we cannot wait for you all to come and join us.

We will be serving classic British cuisine with daily specials boards, all made with the finest locally sourced ingredients.

You’ll also notice that we’ve taken inspiration from some of the favourites off the previous menu. 

You can view our menu on the website.

Bookings available now at

• Thanks 2