I Guess It Is Raining

Hylander

It's brewing up a storm here too Monica, I think you could do a very good impression of Mary Poppins if you put a brolly up :default_biggrin: Look on the bright side, summer is on it's way and then we will be moaning about the dreadful heat soon enough, I hate that heat  x

• Like 2

It's surprisingly warm this week, despite the showers. We haven't had to put the heating on any evening so far. In fact it's now 8pm and I'm still wearing sandals, as it's too warm for shoes or slippers. I have put a cardie on though, as a slight concession to the evening drawing in.

We put the heating on once this week, very early the first morning, it stayed on for a minimal length of time though as we soon got too hot. We were once advised by an engineer not to switch the heating off again until it has run at least 10 minutes to avoid carbon build up. Not sure if that's true, but we've stuck with the advice. 

We seemed to have dodged the storm but raining for a couple of days now I think although it's quite mild. Fantastic time to be out on a boat, not too cold or too warm and the unpredictable weather can make things interesting :default_biggrin: There's always the lovely pubs though Helen or batten down the hatches with a bottle of something nice. Have a great time x

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gracie said:

It's brewing up a storm here too Monica, I think you could do a very good impression of Mary Poppins if you put a brolly up :default_biggrin: Look on the bright side, summer is on it's way and then we will be moaning about the dreadful heat soon enough, I hate that heat  x

My other half keeps on about El Nino coming and with it a heat wave.       I am sure he must have been looking at the weather for Mauritius.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hylander said:

My other half keeps on about El Nino coming and with it a heat wave.       I am sure he must have been looking at the weather for Mauritius.

Maybe he's been looking at the weather forecast at that secret holiday location he's going to whisk you away to! :default_icon_clap:

• Like 1

We returned  from a visit to family in Kent yesterday. Very nice to.Brought half of Bluewater. Would have been rude to buy all.Some rain on the way down on Saturday. A little  rain overnight Monday/Tuesday. Rain on and off afternoon,spots this Monday.Could be warmer Hopefully soon.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hylander said:

Well I wouldn't mind being whisked off to Mauritius on a luxury yacht, scrap the bath tubs and moaning about the heat :default_biggrin:

Hmm, I wonder if MT is free, I mean the Milk Tray man of course :default_biggrin: x

• Like 1

We've had a wonderfully sunny afternoon here at Paddy's Lane. However, there's now a dark cloud coming in from the west and rumbles of thunder so we've nipped out to bring our windscreen back up and generally 'batten down the hatches '.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

They can’t accurately predict the weather for the following day, never mind next ruddy month.

Well i can. With an an degree of knowledge. And experience Mouldy.

Listen up.

We are going to experience summer weather during the next few weeks.

It will be some of this, and some of that.

For those in a caravan, in a camper van, in a B&B, in a tent.

In a boat?

I know where I would be, in a boat.

• Like 3

It was lovely and sunny again this morning, but there were vey dark clouds before us a we made our way to our Marina just before 1. W could see the odd flash of lightning in the distance but we seem to have dodged it for now. 

We are off to Cheddar in a couple of weeks so they can expect flooding down there the week before we go :default_rolleyes:

(Seems to be the pattern we have going on this year)

Norfolks turn in July :default_laugh:

It's going to be a brilliant sunny day of 70 degrees or so they say so I'm doing a load of washing, which means it will probably rain at some point and going to the sea front with the boys and my parents for some fish and chips which means we will probably have the thunderstorm from hell :default_biggrin: 

Have a great day x

• Haha 1